IGNORED

I didn't play today, and

Web Junky
Note: This thread is 3845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

. . . and I'm probably going to pack it in for the season. After a two week lay-off, I joined my regular Sunday group yesterday, and struggled mightily. Despite nearly ideal weather in the Northeast, I was so disgusted, I decided not to even join my regular Monday game today. I'll be away for an extended period starting next week, so it looks like I'm through until next Spring.

Are any of you as lazy as I am in that you will not spend a half an hour of range time to straighten out some recurring Driver faults to the detriment of your playing enjoyment and overall sense of self-worth?

You are asking this to the wrong crowd if you're looking for some miserable company, haha. Most of us jump at the chance to get out and play WHENEVER we can, despite golf's greatest attempts to bring us down. Of course, I can't speak for everyone, but that's my take anyways!

In the Bag:
:titleist: 913 D3 - 9.5* - Diamana Stiff 62g
:mizuno: MP 64s 3-PW - DGS300
:cleveland: CG12 52* & 56*
:tmade: Rosa

^^^^^^ This...

OP does not really apply to me either.  I very much like hitting balls at the range.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not me. Five minutes after I get home after a bad round I'm in the yard hitting balls and I'm playing again as soon as I can. I wouldn't be able to sleep that night without at least thinking I had whatever problem it was figured out.

If I quit after a bad round I would quit fairly often.

I haven't been playing well after a recent hot streak but last thing I'd do is pack in for the year. We can play all year here but even if I couldn't I'd be looking forward to indoor lessons. Winter is a great time for me to actually buckle down and put in the time without the urge to get out on the course.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I didn't play today either, and I'm bummed.

My fault - I looked at the weather radar before driving to the course. Radar made it look like a massive thunderstorm half the size of the state was coming up - in reality, it drizzled for an hour and a half and then gave way to a light rain with no lightning at all.  If I'd just driven to the course, I could have played.  Would have gotten wet, but I could have played.

...What an idiot. :doh:

I try to play twice a week, 52 weeks a year. Even I don't get the time to practice in between rounds. I'm going out tomorrow morning without swinging a club for a week which I'm sure will be disastrous. But, it's still better than not playing!

:titleist: 913 D2 8.75* Adilia Tour Green 65 Stiff Shaft

Rocketballz Stage 2 3Wood 15* Stiff Shaft

Victory Red TW Forged Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold S300 Shaft

CG Forged Dark Chrome CC Gap Wedge 52*

RAC Black TP 56*

:cleve: 588 RTX 60*

White Smoke IN-12 Blade Putter     Penta TP5

I didn't play today either, and I'm bummed. My fault - I looked at the weather radar before driving to the course. Radar made it look like a massive thunderstorm half the size of the state was coming up - in reality, it drizzled for an hour and a half and then gave way to a light rain with no lightning at all.  If I'd just driven to the course, I could have played.  Would have gotten wet, but I could have played. ...What an idiot.:doh:

I never listen to the weathermen! We book are regular weekly slots and always show up! There's is no bad weather,.. Only bad choice of clothing! I couldn't stop playing through the uk winter, Purchased galvin green jacket and clothes recently, and I'm eying up a carry bag rain cover, I can't wait for it to piss down! Only problem now is daylight!! It'll soon be dark after work so no more midweek games, will have to go range and sink a few beers after instead!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!