IGNORED

Finally gave into the peer pressure...

GangGreen
Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...have only been on the forum for a few weeks now but I just couldn't take the guilt any longer so just finished signing up with my local golf association online, got my GHIN#, and on my way to getting a handicap established.  I was going to wait until next year but figured I had 7 scorecards saved over the last few weeks so why wait...besides, I hear its not addictive and ALL the cool kids are doing it these days...HAHAHA!

• Upvote 2

You will be official!!  haha....very nice!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

[S][/S][quote name="BuckeyeNut" url="/t/70589/finally-gave-into-the-peer-pressure#post_908660"]You will be official!!  haha....very nice! [/quote] Thanks! Looking forward to being able to track my progress and, who knows, maybe it will even prompt me to put it to use in some league type play somewhere down the road. :-D

I've never played in a golf league before...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

...have only been on the forum for a few weeks now but I just couldn't take the guilt any longer so just finished signing up with my local golf association online, got my GHIN#, and on my way to getting a handicap established.  I was going to wait until next year but figured I had 7 scorecards saved over the last few weeks so why wait...besides, I hear its not addictive and ALL the cool kids are doing it these days...HAHAHA!

Good for you. :beer:

Don't worry about the number.....it is what it is.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Don't worry about the number.....it is what it is.

Yes, and at the end of the day, you're the only person who cares about it. If you care very little, then that's good too. If you care a lot, that's also up to you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Thanks gents, I'm a bit of a stats geek when it comes to measuring performance so I am looking forward to having another number I can use to track my own personal progress. I really like the fact that it shows you your differential based on the individual course rating and slope, seems very beneficial when trying to guage how your round actually matches up (at least scoring wise) relative to different courses played. I posted 6 prior scores last night, 3 from my shorter home course (5,800 yd, par 70, 67.1/124) and 3 from a longer course I frequent (6,300 yd, par 71, 69.8/126). The average differencials were 26.3 on the home course (25.4, 27.2, 26.3) and 28.9 on the longer course (24.4, 33.4, 28.9). Honestly, I would have thought the spread between the averages on these 2 courses would have been much wider (at least that's the way it feels when I play the longer course, haha).

Welcome to GHIN!  Do obsess about your HC.  Just play and work on continuing to improve and it will come down by itself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks gents, I'm a bit of a stats geek when it comes to measuring performance so I am looking forward to having another number I can use to track my own personal progress. I really like the fact that it shows you your differential based on the individual course rating and slope, seems very beneficial when trying to guage how your round actually matches up (at least scoring wise) relative to different courses played.

I posted 6 prior scores last night, 3 from my shorter home course (5,800 yd, par 70, 67.1/124) and 3 from a longer course I frequent (6,300 yd, par 71, 69.8/126). The average differencials were 26.3 on the home course (25.4, 27.2, 26.3) and 28.9 on the longer course (24.4, 33.4, 28.9). Honestly, I would have thought the spread between the averages on these 2 courses would have been much wider (at least that's the way it feels when I play the longer course, haha).

Wow, similarity is eerie.  I've just logged my 6th score, too, and got my first official handicap of 22.7.

I am in a major slump and the 6 scores are the worst 6 rounds I had in a long time.    I am afraid I may be sandbagging unintentionally.   What if I get out of my slump when I enter my 1st tournament that uses 100% handicap?   I may win the darn thing hands down :banana: .   Nah ... with my luck and Murphy's law, I can do my worst yet at my 1st tournament.    Then again, I may win and the club may DQ me for improper submission of scorecards.   Then again, I may never enter a tournament - I am pretty sure it will add to my stress (and I play golf to reduce stress from work, and personal life). :-D

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Note: This thread is 3842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!