IGNORED

Slow Starts

ChiChiIsMe
Note: This thread is 6109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One thing that has always killed me is slow starts. My home course does not have a range, and no matter how much a swing around it seems I can't get going until the 5th or 6th hole after I'm already 5-7 over. It has been a goal of mine this year to get to #6 even and the closest I've come is 2 over, but normally it's like 5-7 over.

Anybody have any warm-up routines they would like to share? Especially if you don't have a range at your disposal?
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

the way I always warm up is grabbing my 6+7 irons and swinging them together, making progressively bigger swings.. working the big muscles and stretching myself out. I doubt that'll help with actual bad swings to start though

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

I suffer from the same thing but with a twist. I almost always do well on the first hole before tanking the next few. I'm always better off if I can hit a few balls at the range. Otherwise, I do the double club swing and just general stretches to get loosened up.

Do you ever go to the range with your friends? If you do, make bets with them on your first couple shots on who can put it closet to a certain green or hazard. That gives you a sense of urgency that you can carry from the range to the course.

I always on the first hole at least, if not 2 or 3 holes, try to play very conservative. On the first tee, hit your 3 wood, or hybrid, then on your 2nd shot if you have trouble hitting 5 iron up, even if the shot requires it, use your 6 or 7 iron and just pitch on. Just getting loosened up on the first hole and hitting solid shots does wonders.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

If you have a practice putting green on your course spending 10-15 minutes putting before your round does wonders for your first few holes. Also if you have a weighted club swinging that for 5 minutes really helps you warm up.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

I actually have the opposite problem, I play well for the first few holes, I think because I swing relaxed and easy. After I get warmed up I start swinging harder and it's difficult to keep things under control

In my Nexos
HiBore XLS Draw Driver
X-hybrid 4,5
Fusion Wide Sole 6-AW
Black Pearl CG10 54/14, CG12 DSG 64 Vokey SM Oil Can 60/8 Spider Pro V1x HX Hot Bite

YES!

I hate my home course for getting rid of their range. I went out today to another course and did my practice day. It took me two tokens worth of balls and hitting my driver/wedges to finally hit my 2 iron correctly. It really sucks when you are 5 over after 5 when you don't play like that when you're hot...

Get or make a weighted club, swing it for 5-10 minutes before you go to the practice green to chip and putt. Swing it a few times just before you tee off again.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 6109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!