IGNORED

Big and Tall Golfers - I need your help

AveoBigandTall
Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My company Aveo is working with Golfsmith in order to help the big and tall apparel category: better serve the big and tall guys. I would love any input that you have regarding the way A retailer can make you aware or talk to you about big and tall golf apparel What are the problems you experience when shopping for big and tall apparel both in store and online What would encourage you to increase your purchases Any and all throughs are appreciated Thanks and as FYI Golfsmith is listening to us so if you have thoughts that may help please share bc at the end of the day if they can better get us what we need we ultimately soon with better options. One idea I am taking back is as big and tall golfers we often have had such bad fitting experiences in store that we dont trust ordering on line. Jump in let me know what you think!

If you're referring to fit, then sleeve length seems to always be an issue for me. I'm tall but thin. Rarely find full length sleeves that feel like they are long enough and not riding up my wrists.

Regards.

If you're referring to fit, then sleeve length seems to always be an issue for me. I'm tall but thin. Rarely find full length sleeves that feel like they are long enough and not riding up my wrists. Regards.

Are there anythings you believe the retailer can do to help with this issue. What can they do that would make you feel more comfortable that they get your needs

My problem is that “big and tall” stores only stock items for men who are both big AND tall. For those of us who are tall but not “big,”it’s hard to get clothes that are long enough. And I’m not even particularly tall: 6’2”, but my legs and arms are long. Shirts, sweatshirts, and jackets have sleeves that are too short, unless I get something baggy. Pants of appropriate length don’t come in my waist size.

Shorts and short-sleeved shirts aren’t usually a problem. But I mail-order my trousers without cuffs and then have them tailored. For shirts and jackets, I commonly order a couple sizes and return what doesn’t fit. (Free return shipping is nice, as is online purchase and local in-store return policy.)

Edit:  I see march posted with the same problem.  What would help is actual sleeve lengths and inseam lengths in inches (not just "LT")

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1.  Allow retailers to special order my sizes if they are carrying your line.

2.  I only buy slacks that last.   I wear my slacks once a week and have to wash them weekly because of my work - shop teacher.  Slacks that are expensive but can only be washed a couple of times before the colors fade and holes develop on the bottom edge of the cuff will not get my return business.

3.  Plus, I won't buy slacks If they are not stain resistant or if I have to Iron them.

4.  Reinforce the waist so the larger sizes don't roll over the belt.  Don't make the belt loops oversize for 2+ inch belts.

5.  Make sure your sizes are consistent.  I shouldn't have to try each pair of slacks on, to see if they fit.

6.  Don't just modify your 32 inch waist line patterns for men with 40+ inch waists.  I can't bend over without castrating myself in most slacks.  Make new crotch patterns.  Too many large waist slacks also expect men to have skinny thighs.

As a "big" golfer - my biggest complaint is lack of color/plaid pants - all I can get in my size are run of the mill plain khacki and black.     I'm not talking I want to look like John Daly with bold colors - but it would be nice for once to get a nice subdued plaid pattern in a 44 waist ( every single one the golf mfg's stop making plaid at size 42).

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are there anythings you believe the retailer can do to help with this issue. What can they do that would make you feel more comfortable that they get your needsStart

Start making a "long" version that is really long regarding a sleeve size. I think the waist to pant leg ratios are a bit too short too. I used to have a 27" waist with a 36" inseam. Impossible to find pants... My waist is now a 34" so finding pants running a 34/36 is much easier. You have to factor that Big and Tall are not proportional to people of average height. Especially those that fall in the tall sizes. You should consider that if you're making sixes for sports clothes, the tall can get very thin.

Regards.

• Upvote 1

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/equipment-insider/aveos-comfy-stylish-solution-big-and-tall-golfers/[quote name="neophyte" url="/t/71634/big-and-tall-golfers-i-need-your-help#post_932268"]1.  Allow retailers to special order my sizes if they are carrying your line. 2.  I only buy slacks that last.   I wear my slacks once a week and have to wash them weekly because of my work - shop teacher.  Slacks that are expensive but can only be washed a couple of times before the colors fade and holes develop on the bottom edge of the cuff will not get my return business. 3.  Plus, I won't buy slacks If they are not stain resistant or if I have to Iron them. 4.  Reinforce the waist so the larger sizes don't roll over the belt.  Don't make the belt loops oversize for 2+ inch belts. 5.  Make sure your sizes are consistent.  I shouldn't have to try each pair of slacks on, to see if they fit. 6.  Don't just modify your 32 inch waist line patterns for men with 40+ inch waists.  I can't bend over without castrating myself in most slacks.  Make new crotch patterns.  Too many large waist slacks also expect men to have skinny thighs. [/quote] Thanks for the in depth feedback. Im happy to let you know that Aveo shorts and pants will answer most of your concerns. We make it a big point to speak to the fact that you cannot just expand waist sizes and still get a good fit. We have designed out pants and shorts to better fit the big and tall man proportions. Speaking honestly we do not offer stain resistant butwe are always looking for new ideas. We offer limited sizes currently but we are about to kick off a new production run which will include larger sizes. Check us out at www.aveogolf.com or our facebook page www.facebook.com\aveogolf. Also check out our reviews right here on the sand trap or the golf channel.

Start making a "long" version that is really long regarding a sleeve size. I think the waist to pant leg ratios are a bit too short too. I used to have a 27" waist with a 36" inseam. Impossible to find pants... My waist is now a 34" so finding pants running a 34/36 is much easier. You have to factor that Big and Tall are not proportional to people of average height. Especially those that fall in the tall sizes. You should consider that if you're making sixes for sports clothes, the tall can get very thin. Regards.

love this. Thank you for the feedback

As a "big" golfer - my biggest complaint is lack of color/plaid pants - all I can get in my size are run of the mill plain khacki and black.     I'm not talking I want to look like John Daly with bold colors - but it would be nice for once to get a nice subdued plaid pattern in a 44 waist ([U]every single one[/U] the golf mfg's stop making plaid at size 42).

in the hole all I can say is hold on because its coming. I promise

All. I love the feedback and excited that much of what you are speaking to my company, Aveo, is working on currently. The big and tall apparel space is in need of attention and innovation and we plan to deliver just that. I can easily keep each of you up to speed on our developmenys if you would visit out fb page www.facebook.com/aveogolf and at the top near about us and images you can join our mailing list.

At 6'7", my main problem is few retailers sell anything with an inseam longer than 34, and I need at least a 36. I also would love for someone to stock a shirt that has the fit of an XL with the length if a 2XL. I can usually find clothes that cover me, but they don't fit well lol. I also agree with neophyte up there...just making the waist bigger on pants doesnt help. I wear a 36 waist, but I still have thigh muscles left over from my pitching days, and it's tough to squat on the greens or even sit comfortably in most slacks, and even some shorts. I play with a former classmate who was a soccer player, and he has a similar priblem, especially as he needs an even smaller waist size. Thanks for the thread! If I could start ordering reliably from one company, I'd be psyched.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

Note: This thread is 3747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!