• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon-Paul Maiden

85 or 95 gram shaft in the Fairway woods?

2 posts in this topic

I like heavier shaft weight because it's easier for me to swing consistently.  I've been playing 75 stock shafts in my 3 and 5 woods, but want a little more.  My driver is about 70 grams and I was wandering if I should go 85 or 95 in the fairways.  P.S. I also cut my fairways down 1/2 and inch, is there a way a club builder could bring the swing weight  up to my spec without lead tape?

I like heavier shaft weight because it's easier for me to swing consistently.  I've been playing 75 stock shafts in my 3 and 5 woods, but want a little more.  My driver is about 70 grams and I was wandering if I should go 85 or 95 in the fairways.  P.S. I also cut my fairways down 1/2 and inch, is there a way a club builder could bring the swing weight  up to my spec without lead tape?

95-110 tends to be the weights of shafts in hybrids - I don't think you'd want to go from 70 driver to 95 fairways, so I'd recommend an 85. It's still heavier than a lot of companies are pushing these days, but not ridiculously heavy, either.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades