• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
chigekko

Pro V1x ... new fan

The Pro V1x thing has always intimidated me because I'd heard you needed a million mile per hour swing speed to benefit from them ... compression and what not. I don't know if all that's true, but today they were on sale at the pro shop, so I bought a box and went golfing. With really good results. I shot lower than I normally do on that course--which has always vexed me, my accuracy was improved and--what I wasn't counting on--the feel of the ball was better ... it seemed like there was way more communication going on between the ball, the club and me. I really like these balls.

I'm highly handicapped. Not a great golfer, so I don't know much. I've been playing with TM RBZ Urethanes and Srixion Q-Stars, so maybe all Tour Balls work like the Pro V1x, but I'm going to skip a few beers with the buds or something to keep affording these things. Seemed to work really well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
    • That's good to know. I've been debating between getting this Zevo complete set, or trying to find a decent quality iron set $150 to $250, that I can use with the current driver I have. Only problem is trying to find one new that isn't poor quality, or one used that doesn't look like it's been beaten to hell and back. Gotta love it! 
    • I haven't watched it, but I've read many of the comics when I was a kid. So, heightened other senses. . .Tradeoffs. Hmm, I wonder how much of that applies to golf?   Another topic for the healing lounge. Golf was insulted by a co-worker who doesn't know much about golf today. I told my co-worker that many of my partners think I can't hit far until I start hitting far on the course or range, because I look kind of dumpy. The real reason is that many have known me for years and knew me when I didn't drive this far on average, which actually only happened recently. Then he said "No golfer looks athletic, they all look out of shape. They're not athletes. You look more athletic than any of them." Then I told him about long drive, and he admitted watching some blurb on TV about that and stated "Yes, but that's not golf. Is it?" So, he agreed that long drivers look like athletes, while still stating that PGA Tour players don't look anything resembling athletes. You know what? I agreed with him, because it's kind of true. . . I was suddenly reminded of one of my recent post about "Fattest golfers on the PGA Tour." vs the "Fittest golfers on the PGA Tour."  Off the top of my head, only Rory, Sergio and Camillo. In recent pictures, Dustin looks like a twig. Tiger has skinny calves. Golf needs to heal from this mornings barrage of "We are not athletes." . . .
    • Make sure you try Ping. I think it's a really good product. I recently hit some of those at the store and wow, made my AP1's feel like an old boat car w/ AM radio and no air conditioning. If I ever get new irons I will definitely look at those Ping again. 
    • Thanks for your replies. I understand the points about provisional balls, and yes, if it is thought the ball is lost or OB, then hit again.   But there is always the issue of the ball that is hit well and yet is still lost. Not an issue usually for the wide open parkland courses were you can see every ball land, but take other courses such as UK links courses with lots of blind carries and running fast in summer with lots of wind. A different matter completely and not a rare problem. If a golfer hits a good solid straight drive up over a rising fairway to where it flattens out, they are not going to see it land. The wrong bounce, some wind and the ball’s in the rough out of sight from the tee. Are they really going to hit again? And again if that’s another straight drive? At a course I play regularly it’s like this with about 10 or so blind shots and the other day we’d booked a tee time only to turn up and find 4 groups still waiting on the first tee. Turned out there was a competition ahead and some of the groups had experienced ‘lost ball issues’ according to the starter. Welcome to the 5 hour round! I understand that changing the rule would be difficult, and it’s unfortunate that the governing bodies couldn’t come up with something around this to reduce the curse of slow play when they did their rules review. But hopefully some of the new rules, such as the ‘maximum score’ on each hole, will help. However, some clubs have introduced some local rules. One club in my area have a ‘no going back’ rule that applies to all play other than the most serious competitions. Encourages more use of provisional balls, but also uses the lateral hazard type rule I spoke of before. Also read this link below Andy http://treelight.com/golf/rules/stroke-and-distance-the-stupidest-penalty-in-golf/  
    • Also, consider a graphite shaft for your 2iron if your budget allows. Doesn't have to be a iron shaft, per sea. 
  • Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

• Get Great Gear with Amazon