IGNORED

My Swing (gimpie)

gimpie
Note: This thread is 3757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

James, like Erik said, more of this with less forearm rotation

Hi Mike, thanks for your response. I'll try to steepen out my shoulder/hip rotation as best as I can. I am still experiencing a lingering back/hip injury and have some trouble getting the right side to stretch as ERIK with a "K" demonstrated in the first video. What will the steeper rotation do for me?

You're being fooled by his right knee kicking in so far and the camera angle. Look at his torso - it's probably still 20-30° closed - it's highly unlikely he has a 60°+ differential. The DL view is better in this case. I already responded to exactly this picture of yours, and you just posted the same picture again (with the wasted white space - please trim that).

Please read my posts above. I've never said his hip motion is even close to ideal, I just disagree that they're "spinning" like you seem to believe. Also, 5SK is not a "methodology" in that we require one specific hip motion. Jim Furyk's hips are more open than Tiger's or other PGA Tour players.

Now, as he has plenty to work on, and this is his thread, I'm going to suggest we table the discussion for now or, if you wish to continue, to do so in a more appropriate thread.

Hi Erik, I don't mind the discussion from mwferguson - i'm learning new thing as well.

I spent yesterday practicing my backswing. I drew an imaginary plane line and tried to draw my club to that line - also by consciously increasing the amount my arms rise and wrists hinge. I went out to play today, shot 91.

I was very pleased with my driver (my imaginary backswing plane is much flatter with my driver than with let's say a pitching wedge - that's okay right?) I hit more fairways than usual with straight/slight draw/slight fades. Hit some wicked push-slices with my wood and hybrid. Hitting straight/push fades with my irons. My problem with my irons was hitting fat, coming from a higher position at the top I was pretty much hitting straight down into the ball. I also lost about a club of distance. So far, not too bad and optimistic that these problems will be worked out as I continue to adjust.

I will try to get some more video this week to see if I am moving in the right direction. Again, thanks everyone!

Callaway Optiforce - 11.5 Degree

Callaway XHOT Pro - 4 Wood

Callaway XHOT Pro Hybrid - 19 Degree

Callaway Apex - 4, 5, 6

Mizuno MP 64 - 7, 8, 9, P

Mizuno MP R12 - 50, 54 Degree

Callaway Mack Daddy 2 - 58 Degree

Odyssey Versa #7

Hi Mike, thanks for your response. I'll try to steepen out my shoulder/hip rotation as best as I can. I am still experiencing a lingering back/hip injury and have some trouble getting the right side to stretch as ERIK with a "K" demonstrated in the first video. What will the steeper rotation do for me?

Help the club, hands, arms be less behind you on the backswing.  Make it easier for you to go "steep to shallow" and improve your sequencing.  Provide less of a "need" for you to lift your right heel so prematurely.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!