IGNORED

I downloaded Flappy Bird. Do not do this!

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Can't. Stop. Playing. Doesn't look like much, but once you start... Help... me... Help... me... Help... me...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hate the game.

It's basically the old 1990's "helicopter game" (helicoptergame.net) themed like Mario and made ridiculously hard.

It's 100% frustration and 0% fun.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Hahahaha, I'm the same way. What's your high score?

Just started today. 6.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

That's better than what I had on my first day, I couldn't get more than one. Now my high score is 39!

39? Geez, that's impossible from where I'm looking at now. Can't clear those low then high ones or vice versa. Have to be lucky enough to get them all in the middle.

I can't get pass the fact that this game is so popular when in 3 seconds, your game is over. Start. Boom. Crash. Done.

What is it about birds in a game that makes it so viral? Angry, now flappy.

And you literally get seconds or less to look at the ads, unless you pause.  But people pay for the ads, so they must be effective.

Steve

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Hate the game.

It's basically the old 1990's "helicopter game" (helicoptergame.net) themed like Mario and made ridiculously hard.

It's 100% frustration and 0% fun.

Thanks for the link. Fun, a little easier. Yeah, very similar. Not quite as funny when the bird hits the pipe though. Smack!

Up to 15!

Read some of the tips. One of them is "don't blink". Ha ha. I use a musical technique - when you count beats as you play your whatever instrument, I count taps. 2/2 works for me.

This is why I don't play the big computer games. I get totally immersed in them and everything else falls to the wayside.

Steve

I am also feeling the pain of my mortality and my hand-eye coordination being worse than I thought at the age of 30...  day 1: 27

Go on Twitter - lots of people struggling to get to 3, 4, 5 or even the first pipe. 27 is awesome compared to most.

Steve

Break through last night.  53!

:banana:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Break through last night.  53!

Wow, that's a good score! I deleted the game in disgust - the best I could do was 25. Android or iOS?

Steve

iOS.  A little easier on the iPad than on the phone too.

Amazing how many times I hit exactly my high score without being able to improve on it.  Previous high was only 32....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

iOS.  A little easier on the iPad than on the phone too.

Amazing how many times I hit exactly my high score without being able to improve on it.  Previous high was only 32....

iOS I hear is harder than the Android version. 53 - where does that rank you in Game Center? 3 million, 2?

I can't figure out a good strategy, to minimize the oscillation of the bird or to come in a little low before the pipe then flap to get more space between the pipe. I wonder if there is any randomness to falling because sometimes I swear I should have hit a pipe and other times I didn't but hit it.

Steve

By far the best strategy on this game!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Damn you Flappy Bird. I installed it back. Got a new high of 40. Can't refuse the call. It beckons. Play me.

Steve

Damn you guys!

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!