IGNORED

Palmer, Arnies Own?

Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Were they bargain basement, mid priced or high end clubs? I don't know anything about them. I had a set of Palmer blades when I was young and couldn't hit them worth a darn so never payed much attention to his clubs after that. I picked up a set real cheap. The metal woods aren't very good, the shafts are too whippy so I hit a big fade, almost slice. But the irons I really like. I can work the ball and if I do mishit the ball I haven't noticed.

Were they bargain basement, mid priced or high end clubs? I don't know anything about them. I had a set of Palmer blades when I was young and couldn't hit them worth a darn so never payed much attention to his clubs after that. I picked up a set real cheap. The metal woods aren't very good, the shafts are too whippy so I hit a big fade, almost slice. But the irons I really like. I can work the ball and if I do mishit the ball I haven't noticed.

If you are talking blades, you might be referring to Palmer Standards - circa 70s and 80s? They had a pretty good reputation. I believe for at least a brief period, Palmer had his name on clubs made by Sears, but eventually joined up with First Flight to make "Palmer" clubs. At some point, I believe Arnold Palmer Golf essentially took over First Flight. Not sure about the exact timeline, but by early 1980s, Palmer was producing a "Peerless" line of clubs, cavity backs (maybe they had a blade version) with persimmon woods.

Note: This thread is 3677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!