Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dhicks33

My first big golf purchase (Nike VRS_X Irons)

3 posts in this topic

I bought a new set of Nike Irons from a user on eBay at a pretty good price. I really enjoy the clubs so far and look forward to actually swinging them on a course. I went to the range the other day and feel like I have a little better control on distance with these. I went from swinging Ram G-Force Irons to Nike so it is a completely different feel. As you can tell from my profile pic I am a huge fan of Nike Golf. I have only been playing for a year and this is the first time I have spent $200+ on an item. This sport gets expensive quickly! Im loving it though.

Feels good doesn't it.  Kind of like when you were a kid and got a new pair of sneakers.  I always felt faster!

It will take a little while to get your new distances down and the other nuances of the new clubs.  Have fun!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It does feel good for sure! I was hesitant to buy them at first but decided better irons may improve my game just a little, so it is worth it.

Next purchase will probably be new golf shoes Nike Dunk Golf Shoes then a Nike Stand bag

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Thank you! Got out for a few holes so it was a good day in spite of work!
    • 2/25: Played two rounds today with dad at a different course than usual. Shot 96 and 93. A few nice strings of pars and made several amazing putts (). Mostly bogeys other than that but managed a couple of absolute blow-up holes in each round that helped to guarantee 90+ scores from an otherwise very nice day of golf. I could complain about "sand-traps" sans-a-single-spec-of-sand with 10-foot wide puddles in them, or mushy fairways, or waiting 5-minutes for the 4-some in front of you on every shot, but there wasn't a notes field on the scorecard.  Practice is paying off, though. Hit my drives farther than ever, draws when I wanted them, and the fade didn't let me down when I needed it. 3/4 "flighted" shots are the new go-to approach of choice all the way out to 160+ with my 3-iron, and (n)GIRs have jumped up considerably. I've rambled on about my short-game improvements before, but it continues. Holed a pitch shot from about 10 yards and stopped 2 others 6 inches from the pin. Gotta play some more rounds from the front so I get used to stringing pars together. Realized today that I don't just get nervous about it, I also get cocky. Weird combination. 
    • I really like the travel of the sweetspot on the backswing. Kinda Nicklaus-esque.   They just stall a bit and it happens after impact. Can see how the belt loops are rotating all the way to impact.
    • At the top level the men may still be much better than the women at putting. Paige McKenzie once talked about how she played against some college guys who destroyed her on putting and she thought she was pretty good relative to her peers. I expect the best pro women ballstrikers have to work even less on putting to compete successfully than the guys where every edge is crucial just to get a card and make cuts. I love to watch Rory and DJ crank it out there. But I also get a kick out of Jim Furyk and Mo Martin's precision oriented play. It's all good. If they want to make accuracy more important for PGA players, all they have to do is grow the average event rough up a bit more so there's more of a penalty on every errant shot on the loss of spin and swing/ball speed reduction. Those are real issues for the sport...at least for facilities that don't cater to higher income golfers.
    • I have the Zepp 2 Golf (the round sensor).    Ive read the manual multiple times, and have approximately 500 ball strikes.    As I'm new to golf I can't seriously vouch for its accuracy, but I will say this: it's helping me improve my golf swing.    The 3D swing analysis is a great tool as is the swing comparison capability. In my opinion once you learn about what the tool measures and how it can be quite effective it    However, I do have a question: In the daily swings window, what does the red "P" next to the specific swing data mean?   Please and Thanks for any input.    V/R,  Chris
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (27 years old)
    2. JD15
      JD15
      (52 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon