Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Metzexpress4

Replacing my Nike Ignite 001

8 posts in this topic

I am looking to replace my Nike Ignite 001 and I've taken a look at the Scotty Cameron Select Newport line and some of the Odyssey putters as well. I am more of a blade guy but any and all suggestions are welcome. As a bonus, this is a birthday gift and budget will not be much of a concern.

Also considering switching to a Super Stroke grip, most likely the 3.0, anyone have experience with this switch?

Odyssey Protype black with superstroke slim grip! AMAZING PUTTER!!!

I can only comment on the grip. I have a Taylormade putter, and switched to the Superstroke 3.0. For me, it gives me much more control, i.e. the stock grip being on the small side, had a tendency to move in my hands unless I gripped it tighter than I like to. The 3.0 being thicker, lest me grip with a softer pressure, yet I have good control on my putts. Not the cheapest grip @30.00, but well worth it to me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm looking to switch to the Super Stroke for the same reason. I have a tendency to grip the smaller grip tighter and I am hoping the larger grip allows me to ease up a bit.

I really love my Odyssey Metal-X. Great feel but not TOO soft like the White Ice. As for the grip; I put the 3.0 Super Stroke on there and it totally took the feel out. So now I have a Winn midsize grip and it works very well for me.

Picked up my new putter about a week ago and I went with a Kenny Giannini G-4 No Neck. Decided to roll with the stock .580 Giannini putter grip and I will make a decision after a get a few rounds under my belt with it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Picked up my new putter about a week ago and I went with a Kenny Giannini G-4 No Neck. Decided to roll with the stock .580 Giannini putter grip and I will make a decision after a get a few rounds under my belt with it.

Thanks for the feedback!

How are you liking your G-4?  I have G-2 Chubby and I think it is amazing!

I LOVE my G-4. Part of it may be mental because I have a ton of confidence with my putter, but my putting has drastically improved this summer. I've played and practiced more which obviously helps but I don't think it would be fair to overlook what a proper fitting and confidence can do for your game.

I stayed with the stock grip and I don't see my self going to the SuperStroke.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Because everyone gets bored of blue skies now and again! Crazy winds and serious mood-lighting! First hole has the signature lighthouse behind the green and a great linksy fairway, second is a 114 yard par three that played about 140 yesterday.  
    • A good afternoon of birthday practice yesterday. Did a lot of short game work and went out to the course way after the last tee time to put them in practice in 'real' situations. Finally I did a nice putting drill to gauge areas to focus on - this will be a bit of a regular thing that I go back to now and again to judge progress. A few photos from on-course work: Downwind - 15mph and dispersion from shots at 125 yards, 115, 100 and 75. Nearly pulled the wedge from 75 into a bunker, which would have been horrendous, so that's a bit worse than it looks. Delighted with the rest and all on the middle tier of a three tier green. After about 10 minutes of practising, from 50 yards using a variety of clubs (furthest to nearest) - putter, wedge, hybrid chip. Had to come up a big tier, so pretty pleased with this. Hybrid chip was the right play in that it took the tier out of play, but my default would have always been wedge. Just nice to add another shot to my game - although it will need more practice. Putting: Just need to make more inside 10 feet. Great not to have any 3 putts though! Hole Ft Break Score 1 Score 2 Score 3 Score 4 Score 5 1.         3ft Straight 1         2.         6ft R/L uphill 1         3.         9ft L/R downhill 2         4.         12ft R/L downhill 2         5.         15ft L/R 2         6.         4ft slight break downhill 1         7.         8ft R/L 2         8.         12ft L/R 2         9.         16ft L/R downhill 2         10.     20ft L/R uphill 2         11.     5ft slight break 2         12.     10ft L/R 2         13.     15ft R/L 2         14.     20ft Straightish 1         15.     25ft Double Break 2         16.     6ft R/L downhill 2         17.     33ft Slight uphill 2         18.     45ft Slight downhill 2         Total 32         Strokes Gained -2.81        
    • 26/2/17 - more slow takeaway work. Heading to the range later and will spend time really working on transitioning this work to full swing. I think the feel needs to be that my left arm is glued to my stomach, but will check with video later.
    • Thank you! Got out for a few holes so it was a good day in spite of work!
    • 2/25: Played two rounds today with dad at a different course than usual. Shot 96 and 93. A few nice strings of pars and made several amazing putts (). Mostly bogeys other than that but managed a couple of absolute blow-up holes in each round that helped to guarantee 90+ scores from an otherwise very nice day of golf. I could complain about "sand-traps" sans-a-single-spec-of-sand with 10-foot wide puddles in them, or mushy fairways, or waiting 5-minutes for the 4-some in front of you on every shot, but there wasn't a notes field on the scorecard.  Practice is paying off, though. Hit my drives farther than ever, draws when I wanted them, and the fade didn't let me down when I needed it. 3/4 "flighted" shots are the new go-to approach of choice all the way out to 160+ with my 3-iron, and (n)GIRs have jumped up considerably. I've rambled on about my short-game improvements before, but it continues. Holed a pitch shot from about 10 yards and stopped 2 others 6 inches from the pin. Gotta play some more rounds from the front so I get used to stringing pars together. Realized today that I don't just get nervous about it, I also get cocky. Weird combination. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. Catcher20
      Catcher20
      (27 years old)
    2. JD15
      JD15
      (52 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon