• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
Grip n Rip

New Driver and woods

Grip n Rip    0

Im fairly new to golf and am looking to get a new driver and woods. What are some good drivers and woods for a player at the beginner to a higher lever? Im a big fan of titleist and ping products, but am looking for advise.

mvmac    1,761
Im fairly new to golf and am looking to get a new driver and woods. What are some good drivers and woods for a player at the beginner to a higher lever? Im a big fan of titleist and ping products, but am looking for advise.

All the stuff out there is good. Would recommend going to a demo day so you can hit a few different clubs and see what you like best. Go here to get info for PING demo days

http://ping.com/dealerlocator/default.aspx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Popular Now

• Because when an athlete describes what went wrong in a post round interview, it's always 100% accurate. 1. I do play w/ schmucks (myself included).
      2. One of us chokes pretty consistently (one of the schmuckier schmucks we have), and for 10 years he does fine in our $2 nassaus and but only loses $$ in all our "big" games. Even when he's been playing well that year (index down), we play net, so he still loses, and even he admits he just gets the nerves. I'm glad he can be comforted knowing that mental games is a tiny portion of his overall performance.  Gump says "life is like a box of chocolates". I'm allergic to chocolate so this is just wrong, literally, figuratively and in every way. (That was a whole lot of sarcasm.  My mom would kill me if she saw me posting like this.  I do mean it in the most fun way possible)
    • Dustin Johnson has different physical abilities than Jordan Spieth does, none more evident than the playoff at the Northern Trust. That week, Dustin Johnson, the person with the better physical ability, won, and the reason why he won was because he was physically superior to Spieth with his drive on the playoff hole. No, top pros dont have similar physical abilities.  There is over a 40 yard difference between the shortest driving average (271) and the longest driving average (317) on the PGA tour this year. Pros dont have similar physical abilities.
    • Welcome. I know it seems like summer now, and for a bit more, but it's officially fall, lol. Unfortunately, the munis are gonna be a huge letdown compared to the courses you've mentioned , but if you need any info, just holler. 
    • Welcome! Depending on whether or not you drive and where you live in the city, there are plenty of passable courses in the boroughs. Dyker Beach and Marine Park in Brooklyn ok. Short and fun. Clearview in Queens is alright. Staten Island has a bunch of decent courses, but if you dont drive its hard to get out there. Theres always Bethpage Park in Long Island, but it can be a haul from the city too if you dont drive. 
    • Yeah, like what dzclarkcpa was saying, alot depends on the grass and the setup of the course. So many different variables come into play and it really just takes experience to learn how to play out of the rough. If you know a grass range that has some thicker grass on it, practice some there and see what it does to your ball flight and distances.  But generally, the more of the back of the ball you can see, the better you'll be able to control it. That doesn't always mean you'd able to hit your normal full swing shot, but it could mean you can play it differently with reasonable control. 
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. CoachB25
      CoachB25
      (60 years old)
    2. Fsgolfer
      Fsgolfer
      (61 years old)
    3. Zach
      Zach
      (27 years old)