IGNORED

TaylorMade Rescue Mid 14*

Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a TM Rescue Mid 14* Hybrid club. What does this club replace?

It cannot replace 3 wood because it's only 41 inches long....
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

your 1 iron?

in the bag:
R580XD 10.5°
Rescue Dual 19°
Titleist 755 4-PW
Vokey Black Nickel 54.10° Vokey Oil Can 60.08° Circa 62 No. 2 Charcoal Mist

I have a TM Rescue Mid 14* Hybrid club. What does this club replace?

Doesn't matter how long the club is... I have a TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* that's certainly shorter than my 3-wood or 5-wood (and 3-iron, which it's marketed to replace), but it replaces more than the 5-wood distance for me (and 3-iron). The question is, how far do you hit it?

Hybrids have shorter shafts so that they're easier to hit.
Driver: Sumo 10.5°
3 Wood: T40
2 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 16°
3 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19°
4 Hybrid: Rescue Dual 22°Irons: RAC OS 5-PWWedge: CG12 52°Wedge: 56° SWPutter: RossaBall: Titliest NXT Tour

Doesn't matter how long the club is... I have a TaylorMade Rescue Dual 19* that's certainly shorter than my 3-wood or 5-wood (and 3-iron, which it's marketed to replace), but it replaces more than the 5-wood distance for me (and 3-iron). The question is, how far do you hit it?

I hit Hybrid 21*, 180 yards. Then 14* should be a lot longer. BTW, it is being reshafted with a high launch shaft.

It could replace my 3 wood then....
Whats in my Golf Bag:

I would be cautious of reshafting that with anything "high launch"

The club is designed to send the ball high with lots of spin anyway... to add to that with the shaft could really limit how you are able to hit that club in the future... especially into the wind... Launching too high with too much spin and all of a sudden into a 5mph headwind the club hits it the same distance as your 9 iron

A buddy of mine has that issue with his hybrid, he is near a scratch player but he puts a ton of spin on the ball and with his hybrid, he routinely hits it much shorter than he should because without a perfect strike it just ends up ballooning.

The reason I reshafted because the stock shaft is 90gr with Stiff flex and Firm Tip. It's just too boardy and heavy for me. BTW, the new shaft is UST Irod.... the bendpoint is mid-low... maybe high lauch but not too high. I have not tried it yet....

Whats in my Golf Bag:

Why are you saying "cautious with high launch shaft"? The ball goes ballooning ? What if for someone with slow driver swing speed, around 80mph?

Whats in my Golf Bag:

Note: This thread is 6104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!