IGNORED

My Swing (vasaribm)

vasaribm
Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 yrs

My current handicap index or average score is: 16

My typical ball flight is: straight / slight draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: push / push-fade

I struggle with a backswing that gets a bit long and trying to beat the cover off the ball.

Videos:

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour
 :odyssey: White Ice 330, 33in  :aimpoint:    :true_linkswear:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Impact you can get that hand more towards your left thigh. Not a bad position though. Just needs to be more forward. If that is a middle to long iron you are swinging the ball is a bit back. I would move it maybe 2 inches forward. This might help as well, since you'll have to get your hands forward not to hit the ball fat.

Shaft could be more parallel here. With the hands slightly more towards the middle of your stance. But from this position you really don't flip too bad as shown by your impact, but it's still a flip.

Stop your backswing right here :-D

I would swing to this point, and hold that position. Then just pump the hands slightly and swing. Just really ingrain this position as where you want the club to be.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks Matt.  I was swinging a 7i.  After seeing the video I had a similar thought regarding ball position.

edit:  I agree with the flip as well.  If I was to miss here, the result is often a thin missile about 3 ft off the ground.

Bryan

:wishon:  919, Aldila Voodoo  :callaway: Razr X Tour 3h  :callaway: Razr Hawk 3w, Aldila NV  :callaway: Razr X Forged 4-PW, KBS Tour  :wishon:  52, 56, 60, KBS Tour

It looks as though you stop the back swing before you reach 90 degrees. Try showing us a full speed video so we can better check out the tempo.

Umm, he goes way past 90 degrees.

Green line = golf club

Red line = parallel

Orange Line = shoulder turn

Blue line = 90 degrees

Looks like he's turning about 95-100 degrees. If I take that amount off his overswing (over turning can cause past parallel), he still over swings by 5-10 degrees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It looks as though you stop the back swing before you reach 90 degrees. Try showing us a full speed video so we can better check out the tempo.

I'll get a full speed video together, but I agree with Matt that I usually stop beyond 90 deg.

Bryan

• 4 weeks later...

The last month or so has been slow progress.  I've been trying to shorten the backswing, as suggested by Matt earlier,  and improve weight forward.  Not a drastic change, but headed in the right direction.

Bryan

• 2 months later...

Admittedly, I haven't practiced much lately so it's not surprising to see very little progress, with some slight regression in the length of the backswing.  Although my swing as a whole looks worse than expected.  On the plus side I'm in the running for the John Daly award.... :doh:

Bryan

Note: This thread is 3530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!