IGNORED

When Riding a Cart...

iacas
Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When riding in a cart, do you prefer to drive or be the passenger?

• I prefer to drive.
    • I like to be the passenger.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

I find myself riding less and less these days... getting back into walking. But I usually prefer to drive when I am in a cart. However, when I'm the passenger, I also like to just grab my wedge and putter after I hit my approach shot and walk the rest of the way, so I'm somewhat ambivalent.

Like Eric, I don't like riding with a driver who doesn't have a clue how to properly use a cart. That does drive me nutz.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I often end up taking an extra club or two for my second shot and end up walking most of the hole anyway. For this reason, I like to be the passenger.
"Never follow a bad shot with a stupid shot."

I often end up taking an extra club or two for my second shot and end up walking most of the hole anyway. For this reason, I like to be the passenger.

That pretty much sums up how I feel. I like to walk as much as possible without slowing the team down. I can usually drive it further than most of the people I hit it with, so I just estimate my remaining yardage and start walking down the hole with 2 or 3 clubs in my hand.

I've never even been in a cart, so I have no idea!!
Driver Titleist 905R 9.5* (Stiff Prolaunch Blue 65g)
Hybrid: PT 585.H 17 * (Stiff titleist 75g shaft)
Irons: 695.cb 3-9 ( Dynamic Gold S300)
Wedges: 735.CM 47* PW, Vokey 200 series 50.08 Oil Can Vokey Spin Milled 54.10 Tour chrome, Vokey Spin Milled 58.08 Oil canPutter: Wilson Staff Kirk Kurrie #1[CO.....

If I'm not driving the cart I'm walking. The ONLY time I can be the passeenger is in a scramble format, and then it takes LOTS of beer!
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I much prefer to drive. I play once a year with a guy who makes quick, cutting, last minute turns, and if I'm not holding on, I'm out! Drives me nuts! If I'm driving, I usually look for their ball first, and if mine's closer, I'll have them take the cart.

I prefer to drive, but I don't mind sharing it.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

I much prefer to drive. I play once a year with a guy who makes quick, cutting, last minute turns, and if I'm not holding on, I'm out! Drives me nuts! If I'm driving, I usually look for their ball first, and if mine's closer, I'll have them take the cart.

Just heard a story at a course I played...they hosted a scramble, with a group of heavy drinkers. There was a group that was coming down a very steep hill, the driver cut left and the passenger wasn't paying attention and fell out of the cart. He then proceeded to roll and slide down the rest of the hill and suffered a severe case of road rash.

Moral of the story, be careful. End of hijack.

I like to drive, but for me I really dont care if I drive or not, but sometimes it can get anoying when the person is driving doesnt know how to drive on the course and how to put the car properly.

What is in my Ping bag:
Driver: R7 425 9.5*Fujikura Vistapro 70 stff
3Wood: An old 15* Graphite Stiff.
5Wood: R7 ST 18* Mid point RE-AX 70 Stff
7Wood: Tight lies 21* Graphite StffIrons: An old set of EYE2+ 4-PW Steel StiffWedge: vokey SM 54*10 and 60*08Putter: Studio Style Newport 1.5Balls...

Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!