IGNORED

When Riding a Cart...

iacas
Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. When riding in a cart, do you prefer to drive or be the passenger?

• I prefer to drive.
    • I like to be the passenger.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Administrator
I hate being the passenger. Today I was the passenger on one of my home courses, and the driver was a guy who hadn't ever played there before. I drove as much as possible, but the rest of the time I was giving him directions. He never parked close at all to my ball, left the cart in funny spots when I was walking, etc. He's a good guy and all, but it drove me nuts.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i have to drive. though, i like to grab my wedge and putter and walk the last leg while the other person drives to their ball.
What's in the bag... ( Revolver)

Driver: Big Bertha Diablo 8*
3 Wood: 4DX Fairway 15*
3I-PW: X20 Tours (Rifle Project X Flighted 6.0)Wedges: CG12 Black Pearl 50* 54* SM Vokey X-Forged 58* C GrindPutter: Classic #2 66* lieBalls: Various

I can't really drive, or I'm not supposed to...so I rarely do.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I don't have to drive, but I'd rather. I have an added reason to be the driver, I lost the hearing in my left ear in an accident a couple years back, so if the person riding in the cart with me expects me to hear any of our converation I had better be on his left, hence behind the wheel.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I would rather drive, unless the person I'm with knows what they are doing. There is nothing worse than riding with a guy who has no idea where your ball is, or for that matter his own. I played with a guy a couple weeks ago on my golf trip and he would go to his ball every time, even if I was on the right and he was left or on the occasion he hit it past me.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I don't get my permit for a another few months, so I'm technically not supposed to drive, although I do in short increments. Sometimes my dad gets out of the cart and looks for his ball, but it ends up being farther up, so I drive up to him. Or sometimes he hits and just wants to walk to the green, so I drive then too.

I prefer passenger. More focus on the beautiful surroundings, and for me, I don't have to worry about not crashing the cart.

What's in my Mizuno Aerolite Stand bag:

r7 460 10.5*, stock Stiff Flex Shaft
CLK Fli-Hi 17* hybrid, Prolaunch Blue Stiff shaft
Slingshot Tour 21*, DGS300 shaft Baffler DWS Hybrid 26*, Aldila NVS-HL shaft MP-60 5-PW DG S300 shafts Tour Action 900 54*/12* WedgeVokey Spin Milled 58*/08* Wedge...

I hate being the passenger. Today I was the passenger on one of my home courses, and the driver was a guy who hadn't ever played there before. I drove as much as possible, but the rest of the time I was giving him directions. He never parked close at all to my ball, left the cart in funny spots when I was walking, etc. He's a good guy and all, but it drove me nuts.

I have to drive. Or invariably the other guy will drive to his ball leaving me a 100+ yard walk to mine with someone behind waiting. And when I get there I find out I have the wrong club even if I took three or four clubs.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I dont even have my drivers license yet, so this is all i get to drive, of course i always wanna drive. I drive all the time.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Yeah. If it's a course I've played before - and it usually is, since I'm not taking many golf vacations yet - I'd prefer to drive the cart.

The one time I'd prefer to be passenger is when my friend has played the course before and I haven't. This happened to me recently when I went to PGA SoCal, but other than that, I'd rather drive.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

great thread by the way iacas.

I verily ever ride a cart (only when I play with older people I do) but it's amazing how many people do not know how to drive a cart around a course, and how to place the cart around your ball properly.......sounds stupid but being a Left handed golfer, I prefer the cart behind my back (as well as the stand bag when I walk) I don't want to have the cart or bag in front of me or for that matter a person either...(just 1 of my pet peeves I guess)

It does not matter either way to me, I usually leave it up to my playing partner. But when I get in a rut of a few bad shots in a row, I like to slow things down by getting out of the cart and walking to my next few shots.

"I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine." -Bruce Lansky

I usually drive, except for one of my buddies who doesn't like my driving. He's 20 years older than me so I call him Grandpa and give him crap about being a geezer. :0) I actually prefer riding to driving if the other guy knows how to do it properly. I never let me wife drive if I can help it because she doesn't get it quite yet.

i'm easy either way, but i used to love undoing the straps on my partners clubs and then telling him to floor it! priceless, how anyone can not p themselves when that happens. quality. i,ve been with people when they put buggys in the lakes, on the first at the belfry the guy driving put it pointing at the lake sitting on the left side of the green, he pushed the brake and heard it clip but it wasnt quite on enough! the rest of the round was postponed as we had to get the greeskeepers tractor and 2 other buggy to pull the thing out! he also had to get in to help push it out, so he got a bit wet.

I don't mind either way. Each has its benefits
What's in the bag

Driver: Speed LD F Driver 9.5°
5 wood: 909F2 18.5°
Hybrid: EDGE CFT 21°Irons: i5 - 4-pwWedges: CG10 52°, 56°, & 60° degreePutter: Udrainium Doc 15Ball: DT SoLoHome Courses: Spring Lakes Golf Club, Stouffville, ON & Ocean Ridge Plantation Golf, Sunset...

i'm easy either way, but i used to love undoing the straps on my partners clubs and then telling him to floor it! priceless, how anyone can not p themselves when that happens. quality. i,ve been with people when they put buggys in the lakes, on the first at the belfry the guy driving put it pointing at the lake sitting on the left side of the green, he pushed the brake and heard it clip but it wasnt quite on enough! the rest of the round was postponed as we had to get the greeskeepers tractor and 2 other buggy to pull the thing out! he also had to get in to help push it out, so he got a bit wet.

Glad to hear you "used to" undo the straps.

Hearing a bag drop on a concrete golf path is a sickening sound. Oh...and I prefer to drive although if my partner 'has to' drive , I don't push the issue.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

Note: This thread is 6066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!