• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoundandFury

Different turf interaction between irons

2 posts in this topic

Just took a new set of Callaway Apex irons to the range for the first time.  All in all they're pretty sweet irons, long as hell, with a pretty soft feel at impact.  One thing I noticed is that the turf interaction seemed distinctly different that the MP-53/63s I previously played.  With the Apex's, I seem to take less of a divot, and the sole seems to glide over the turf, even with my 8i and 9i.  With the Mizuno's, I was used to taking a thin, dollar bill sized divot with every club down to maybe my 5i (even the 4i sometimes).  This isn't a deal breaker in the least bit, but I'm curious if I changed my swing a bit because of the new clubs, or if it is indeed a difference in the sole or leading edge.  Thoughts?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

No it's the clubs. More camber, more bounce, wider soles with the Apex irons so you'll get more "glide" through impact. For me Mizuno irons tend to "dig" a little, same with TaylorMade MC irons.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades