IGNORED

Changing Shafts

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Right now i have a TM r7 460 with the re*ax shaft, and i was wondering if i just ordered a proforce v2 shaft from golfsmiths website, and i get it in the mail can i just take it to golf galaxy and pay them to put it on, or do i have to go through some special process. Also, i was wondering if i could just put steel iron shafts in my hybrids. thanks

-Chris

In My Taylormade Phatom St Bag Today:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* Proforce v2 65 Stiff
Wood: Burner 15* Matrix Ozik X-con 5 X
Hybrid: CLK Fli Hi 20* Exsar StiffIrons: 755 4-pw Dynamic Gold s300Wedges: Mp-t 53* Solus 56* Black Finish rac tp satin 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select...

Why not just order it thru Golf Galexy??? They own Golfworks and Golfworks is cheaper than Golfsmith...plus you'd be paying shipping!

Bag #1
DRIVER: TourSwing TVC 10.5*w/VooDoo
FW: Geek 15* w/Graman Limey
FW: TourSwing Thunder 19* w/Graman Limey
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

just make sure the shaft you order has the same tip diameter as the hosel of your shaft... i got ****ed by that today because my pink aldila nv came in today and it was .335 and my tm r5 dual's hosel diameter is .350 so I had to reorder another nv for .350 (and it's not pink =/)

i had no idea about this before, also the guy that is putting this together for me says that i should've ordered a shaft "pured" which had something to do with less wobbling, i have no idea..(but yeah so the second one i ordered was pured)

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Why not just re-shaft it either at GolfGalaxy or GolfSmith? There's chance you might be getting the wrong shaft tip diameter.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

just make sure the shaft you order has the same tip diameter as the hosel of your shaft... i got ****ed by that today because my pink aldila nv came in today and it was .335 and my tm r5 dual's hosel diameter is .350 so I had to reorder another nv for .350 (and it's not pink =/)

OMG! Whogave you this information???

The guy knows nothing! Granted, you should have got the .350....but your clubmaker should have had shims to fit the .335 into the .350 head...it's a common daily practice... Secondly, any competent clubmaker can "pure" of spine align, the shaft for you themselves...and not charged you. If this guy doesn't know these really basic principles of clubmaking, I would really recommend you look elsewhere...he just cost you a lot of money you should never have paid...and I'm guessing his quality of work will be pretty poor.

Bag #1
HYBRIDS: #4 #5 Alpha RX Low w/Graman LimeyIRONS: Nakashima NP-2 w/Accra i SeriesWEDGES: Same as abovePUTTER: Slighter Olympia #1

OMG! Whogave you this information???

Exactly!

Secondly, any competent clubmaker can "pure" of spine align, the shaft for you themselves...and not charged you.

Ok, I'm getting a little picky here but PUREING is a process done by an

SST PURE licensee, which not just anybody can do. However Flat Line Oscilation (FLO) can be done by any competant clubmaker.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Exactly!

LOL...this is true,,,that's why I put the "pure" in quotations.

Bag #1

Note: This thread is 6105 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!