• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rbowe210

Irons are my friends...

3 posts in this topic

So I was a High School/College golfer who used to poke it about 300 off the tee and held about a 6-10 handicap. Played here and there last few years.( 6 years- 30 rounds due to work)

My iron ball flight is still at a great level.Hitting it high with great spin and control.  Confident from 200 to stick one on the green but my woods distance is that of a 80 year old lady.

3Iron/215-220

4Iron/205-215

5Iron/190-210

6Iron/170-190

7Iron/165-180

8Iron/150-165

9Iron/140-155

PW/120-140

56SW/100-

LW Under 60 yds

Driver... 230-260

3 Wood 210-240

How is it I am hitting my iron's seem normal and yet my driver with same swing speed ,( theoretically) is producing a significantly lower distance.

I have always been a slight fade hitter with my irons. Used to force a draw with my woods for distance. Now im just hitting nonsense and its irritating. I tried a new driver and I hit better however, I feel the placebo effect was most of the difference.

The driver was a prize from my one and only hole in one lol not exactly fitted for me.

Any advice? =)

Edit: Swing speeds 110+

Taylormade R7 CGB with Fijikura speeder Stiff shaft.

Mizuno MP57 3-PW

Titleist Volkey Spin milled wedges 56 n 60.

Scotty Cameron Teryillium Newport 2

1996 Callaway Warbird Steel 3W. Best Club I have =)

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Irons are honestly my best friends, especially my 6 iron. I rarely use my woods or even my driver (unless I want to showoff) because I have gotten so comfortable with my irons. I practice a lot at the range with my woods and driver, but when it comes to the actual course, I get trigger-happy with my irons.