IGNORED

Driver Fitting?

Note: This thread is 6116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all, hope season is going well for everyone. I've def. improved. More fairways and GIR!.

Anyway, on with my question. I'm going to be in the market for a new driver. I've seen folks enter a golf store, pick a driver off the rack and buy it. Cool. But is this cavalier purchase good for your game?

Is there such a thing as driver fitting? Lie, loft, shaft length? Iron fitting is beneficial, but does it hold true for drivers? Especially for those new technology drivers?

Any thoughts on driver fitting? and how to get it?

Yeah, a lot of pressure. Rise above it. Harness in the good energy, block out the bad. Harness energy, block bad.
Feel the flow, Happy. It's circular. It's Like a carousel. You get on the horse. It goes up, down and around. Circular. Circle. With the music,the flow. All good things.I...

I got fit for a new driver last month and I could not imagine putting my good money towards an off-the-rack/eBay purchase that I could only guess at how it would perform. Turns out I had been using a driver with not enough loft, and looking at the launch monitor, I truly learned what a difference the right shaft makes.

I'm going to look at getting either a new set of wedges or new fairway woods this fall, and you bet I'm going to go in for a fitting for them. Luckily I found a driving range with excellent staff that will do a fitting for $70, and $40 of that is credited to the club purchase. So, $30 to make sure I'm getting the right club for me? That is a bargain.

Note: This thread is 6116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!