IGNORED

New to golf. Need iron set and driver.. Spending <400

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone.

So I am starting to get into golf and have no clue what to look for when buying clubs.  I don't want a completely beginner set seeing as I pick sports up pretty quick and can already drive the ball straight pretty much  everytime..

What clubs would you recommend?

Before you get clubs, find yourself a golf clinic. These clinics give basic lessons to beginners to get them started in golf. Often, the people who conduct the clinics will lend you clubs to get you started.

A golf pro at one of these clinics could help you decide what clubs you need.

Too many beginners - and unfortunately lots of people who have been playing for awhile - think of golf clubs mainly in terms of club heads. Half the club is the shaft. The shaft can vary in length, stiffness, weight and other qualities. You want to make sure you get a shaft that fits your swing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey everyone.

So I am starting to get into golf and have no clue what to look for when buying clubs.  I don't want a completely beginner set seeing as I pick sports up pretty quick and can already drive the ball straight pretty much  everytime..

What clubs would you recommend?

Lots of quality clubs at affordable prices here

http://www.globalgolf.com/?utm_source=thesandtrap&utm;_medium=banner&utm;_campaign=sponsor-logo

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Get a set of used clubs with good grips, that are considered max golf improvement clubs. Realize these clubs will be used for only a  year or so. This will get you to learn to hit the ball right away. They will be more forgiving. Next year you will have a better idea what you are doing, how you hit the ball etc. Dicks has some older models that are new and reasonable in price, if you want a new set. Golf doesn't have to be expensive to get equipped with. Then find a local muni course to be able to practice and get out as much as you want for a reasonable price.

There are several good places on the web to buy good used clubs. www.global golf .com is a good site.

Good luck.

i found a great set at a local golf shop that sold used equipment. ebay always seems to have tons of stuff on there but be prepared to do a lot of shopping and comparing if youre looking around the $400 mark.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

i just saw a set of cobra amp cell brand new at dick's sporting goods for $300. and a set of wilson reflex for $250 i think.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!