IGNORED

Pls explain how to check bounce?

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think you would need a special measurement tool for it! Most modern wedges display it on the club, Or it will displayed in the specs on website, I just started using an old sw with huge bounce, Id live to know what it is but cannot find any specs anywhere!

Gaz Lee

Note:

I found a nice article that explains it @

http://blog.hirekogolf.com/2009/11/simple-method-of-measurement-for-golf-club-bounce/

Later

jay

MTIA

Jay

Pretty easy.  Make sure you have around $100 in your checking account.  Then write a check for more than that.

Wait...that is not what you meant??

I agree that you would have to have the proper tools to measure it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No one has ever explained bounce to me !!

I'd love to know how to check my wedges?

Depending on how old they and and what brand, you might just be able to look them up online.

It also seems like you can measure it something like your article states, but a little more crudely, just with a couple of straight edges and a regular protractor.

One straightedge along the face of the wedge, one along the sole, measure the angle between.  Assuming you know the loft of the club already, then that's it.  Subtract loft from 90, then subtract that number from the one you measured.

For example, my sand wedge is 55/14, so my measurement should read 49*.

90-55 = 35,

and 49-35 = 14.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!