• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hackinTyler

recommended wedge loft+bounce... for a noob

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Currently looking to expand my wedges.. have a 52° and a pitching and approach wedge that came witg my iron set. Just wondering what you guys would recommend for degrees I should look at. Im thinking a 58 to get some close distance as I am not good yet with 1/2 swings or in that area. Thoughts and comments appreciated!! :-D

Well, a 52° typically is considered an approach wedge, so it sounds like you have a duplicate already, I think. Do you have a sand wedge? That'd be the next thing I would take a look at. Something in the 56° range with a healthy amount of bounce, usually in the 14° range. A 58 would be pretty redundant then. You could use a 58 as a sand wedge if you get one with enough bounce but you might have a gap there.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah figure out what gap wedge you want to go with and throw in a 58, assuming your pitching wedge is 46, you'll have a 6 degree gap between wedges, that's how I do it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades