• Announcements

• iacas

Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
jasonpetermann

Shorten the driver!

I am 5'7" on a good day! I have been considering cutting down my driver. So, I just took my cobra Bio cell driver and Bio Cell three wood to the range. I put the three wood shaft into the driver (43.5 shaft) and hit some balls. I was amazed at how far I was still hitting the ball and much tighter dispersion. Not sure what that made the swing weight, though it did not feel too bad. I also don't think I would go any shorter than 44 inches. But this proved to me that I definitely need to cut my driver shaft down.

I used to grip down an inch and a half or so on my 45.5" driver. I had an older used one that I wasn't using, so I cut it down to 44", put a new grip on it, and have been using it for a while. When I first made the change, I thought I hit it better than the one I gripped down on (specs aren't the same, so this isn't strictly a fair comparison). But I'm hitting it well, and I like it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades