IGNORED

Please help! Really need advice!

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey! I have been playing golf for about 2 years. I have been using some old versions of theyou Wilson reflex clubs that my dad had. I recently wanted to upgrade, and BC I really liked the clubs, I looked into the newer version of the clubs which are the Wilson reflex irons 4-GW . They are really cheap and look good, but I heard they are beginners clubs. I usually shoot about a 45-52 and I wanted to know what you thought.thank you.

Wilson Reflex irons appear on the Dick's Sporting Goods site, but not on the Wilson site. Golf blog chatter say the Reflexes - with a slot groove in the clubhead - are a re-do of a Wilson model from several years ago. In current times, Reflexes are aimed at the $200 price point.

Here's similar reissued or legacy irons offered by competitors at the sub-$400 price point. All have 4i-PW club mix:

• Callaway XHot N14 irons (a reissue of the XHot models, but with Uniflex shafts; priced at $399)
  • Nike VR_S.X irons (reissue of VR_S, with Uniflex shaft) priced at $299).
  • TaylorMade 2.0 Burner steel-shafted irons - Regular or Stiff - priced at $299. The Burners live on!

Legacy irons. .. Companies often take mainline iron designs from a prior product cycle or two, and reissue them for the beginner / casual golfer market. R&D; for the original models has been recaptured, and reissuing them - usually all with a Uniflex* shaft - allows the manufacturer to drop the price.

--------------------

* Uniflex = midweight steel shaft with flex between Regular and Stiff. It's an OK shaft for quite a few golfers, but not the ideal shaft for very many. Shafting all sets with Uniflex = big economies of scale in mfg --> lower price.

--------------------

These legacy irons are good quality and quite durable, it's just a case of you take what you get with little or no chance for pre-sale customization.

If you test them out and you hit them OK, they may work. Definitely try before you buy. The shaft is half the club, and you don't get much choice in legacy irons.

Note: Edit added background info on Reflex irons.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You could probably do better than the Reflex irons. If cost is the issue, check out the Callawaypreowned and global golf websites.

You could probably do better than the Reflex irons. If cost is the issue, check out the Callawaypreowned and global golf websites.

After seeing the Reflex irons on the GG site, they are not bad looking. And on sale for $150.

I have the reflex irons. Got them as gift fir Father's Day to replace my t zoids. They set very good and would recommend them. Can work ball both ways and a good 2 clubs longer than my olds clubs.

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!