Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Typhoon92

Which iron head

5 posts in this topic

Looking to replace the ping eye 2 coppers next month. Been doing some research but would like some opinions, pros and cons from guys who have these irons.... I've narrowed it down to : Taylormade TP CB 2014 Sldr Callaway Apex non pro My hdcp is south of scratch, I don't work the ball....I play a draw. I'm going to get fitted so I don't need shaft opinions. All 3 heads look fine to me, but at demo days they all have different shafts so performance wise I can't get a read. Thx!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Looking to replace the ping eye 2 coppers next month. Been doing some research but would like some opinions, pros and cons from guys who have these irons....

I've narrowed it down to :

Taylormade TP CB 2014

Sldr

Callaway Apex non pro

My hdcp is south of scratch, I don't work the ball....I play a draw. I'm going to get fitted so I don't need shaft opinions. All 3 heads look fine to me, but at demo days they all have different shafts so performance wise I can't get a read.

Thx!

Two of our members @saevel25 and @WUTiger recently posted reviews on the SLDR irons.  Check those out in the review section.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Apex gets a lot of really good reviews.

I am soon to buy some of the TMTP 2014s but may end up with the MCs instead, or a progressive set I buy individually. I want to know a little more myself.

I'll check it out, thx! The CB's for me didn't work with the KBS Tour shaft. The SLDR felt better with the c-taper 120, the 90 went too high and feels skinny in my hands. The Apex I tried a couple shafts in and I liked it. I worry about poor reviews about the satin finish on those. The Apex Pro's look great but where I don't try to work the ball, I'd rather the forgiveness. Forgiveness is a good thing.