IGNORED

A Seniors Ryder Cup

FarawayFairways
Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was wondering how long it would be before someone said ..... "you know what".......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/wales/28448624

The idea of 50+ year olds snarling away at each other doesn't seem quite right, but could it be packaged as a legends game? I think one the essential ingredients of Ryder Cup is that it contains a genuine edge and I'm not sure to what extent that can carry over into later life.

Having said that, in 2016 it'll be 25 years since Kiawah. Sadly Payne and Seve are no longer with us, but how many of us would still be tempted to watch the singles played again if they could get it on. Will Calcavecchia hold his nerve this time? Can Langer sink a putt? There would be plenty of needle too from other matches. Will the Americans allow Olly a putt at all, or will Crenshaw lead an invasion of the green?

OK, stop it

Putting my slightly cynical hat on for a bit, and suggest that as Mickelson and Tiger get nearer the seniors tour, there will almost certainly be a seniors cup within the decade. I think on balance I'm  inclined to say why not? Even if it has a little bit of the "When we were kings" about it. If it could be returned to players as the original was more intended to be, then I think it might develop a personality, but if it becomes a contrived television spectacle. Having said that (and I'm just sitting here imaginging some of the potential match ups) there would be some mileage in it wouldn't there. Olazabal against Azinger anyone? Might Faldo do what we've half suspected him of and play for America!!!!

Not interested. Don't watch seniors now because they're just not playing for anything, other than a few bucks. There's no history being made, none of this stuff really counts. The entire tour is an exhibition and I typically don't waste my time with them. The lone exception being the 4th Cowboys pre-season game each year where you can get a feel for the team.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not interested. Don't watch seniors now because they're just not playing for anything, other than a few bucks. There's no history being made, none of this stuff really counts. The entire tour is an exhibition and I typically don't waste my time with them. The lone exception being the 4th Cowboys pre-season game each year where you can get a feel for the team.

I'm with @Gunther . I don't watch the Senior Tour, wouldn't watch a Senior Ryder Cup.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!