IGNORED

My Swing (Polyester)

Polyester
Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Definitely better with the wrists on the takeaway. Take a look at this post again for the feet at set-up and the pivot stuff.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/76127/my-swing-polyester#post_1028627

Could you elaborate on the feet at set-up and the pivot.

I was looking at the image where you had drawn the shoulder lines and I tried to get a matching position from my latest set of videos.

As you can see I also added a shot of Rory McIlroy to get another reference point for my posture at the said position (youtube screencap from some chaps analysis video hence the extra red lines)

Rory has his more weight loaded on the right leg, his left arm - right shoulder angle is ~45 deg and his club is at ~85 deg angle in relation to his left arm

I have quite evenly loaded weight on legs (slightly more on r.leg?) , l.arm - r.shoulder 40

Blue chap has more weight loaded on left leg, l.arm - r.shoulder 50

Based on these images I don't think that my shoulder rotation is much off the mark. Then again there's probably a ton of stuff in these images that I missed or just don't understand

I probably should more of a stupid monkey instead of being a questioning smart-ass :whistle:

Could you elaborate on the feet at set-up and the pivot.

Turn the feet out at address, makes it much easier to turn more earlier. Basically watch that video again.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched the video again and I'm amazed how biased the presentation of the stances is :bugout:

Who stands in a posture like this where the knees are tucked inwards?

Notice how it can be also done with your feet open.

Ok so let's get real with this stuff

On the upper image I'm standing like human beings do and on the lower image both feet are slightly open

There is a slight gain in the turning but my left hip joint started to ache at the top position.

Many pros have their left foot open like on the image below

Again no significant difference on the rotation and this didn't feel bad at all.

I assume that the reason for opening the left foot is that the joints of the left leg (ankle, knee, hip) are stressed less during the follow through.

Bonus time

You can actually turn your left foot in and rotate quite normally.

However the stance does become quite narrow and I could imagine issues with stability and upper body rotation on the follow throughwith this kind of a stance.

I'm not comfortable opening my both feet due to aching in the left hip.

I think I'll start opening my left foot by 10-15 deg as I can see benefits to it and it does not hurt.

I watched the video again and I'm amazed how biased the presentation of the stances is

Who stands in a posture like this where the knees are tucked inwards?

Notice how it can be also done with your feet open.

It's actually quite a common thing, two quick examples I found on the site

http://thesandtrap.com/t/77091/my-swing-dsullivan99#post_1053157

http://thesandtrap.com/t/76963/my-swing-dcb942

You can actually turn your left foot in and rotate quite normally.

However the stance does become quite narrow and I could imagine issues with stability and upper body rotation on the follow throughwith this kind of a stance.

I'm not comfortable opening my both feet due to aching in the left hip.

I think I'll start opening my left foot by 10-15 deg as I can see benefits to it and it does not hurt.

Just making practice moves in your living room doesn't tell you what is actually going to happen during a golf swing. Of course you can pinch your knees inward even when the feet are turned out, especially if you're just doing it on your living room. I always specify to rotate the knees outward slightly and even if I didn't, having the feet out "encourages" players not to rotates the knees inward.

You can do whatever set-up variation you want, I'm just sharing information and trying to make it easier for you to turn more earlier and not slide the hips back on the backswing. Good luck with your golf.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3486 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!