IGNORED

Vijay Singh

Elsfan
Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats Lowery, played well today.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Vijay was a gracious in his interview after his loss at the AT&T; today. He actually was positive about his swing changes and I believe he felt that his new swing is comming around, however his hiccup was in the back nine when he boogied 14, 15, 16th hole at Pebble.

He had a great par on 18th from a fairway bunker and a plugged lie in the bunker in front of the green.

He has more wins that any other player over 40. Vijay will be in contention this year in the majors.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I don't know, you'd expect a guy like Vijay to pull that off down the stretch. It's not like he had Tiger in front of him dropping birdies either. I'm disappointed in Veej, then again I've never considered myself a big fan...but Steve Lowery? You're kidding me!!

Speaking of Lowery, is there another player on Tour that looks like such a slob? Come on dude, I turn on golf and tell my daughters how much of "gentlemen's game" it is and this bum is on my screen? Hey Steve, how about a haircut, maybe even check out the fitness trailer just once. Man alive.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

Vijay has got to be the biggest enigma on tour. He is a favorite among his fellow players, but won't even give fans, who are the biggest reason why he makes millions a year, the time of day.

I think old Vijay is probably beginning to see a decline in his performance due to the wear and tear of over 20 years as a professional and beating balls on the range like a madman. I think he's probably got two to three more years, at the most, of being a top ten player. Enjoy this walking contradiction while you can folks!

obviously its obvious that he will show a decline in his game at some stage. big factor being his age but he might also be spending less time with the game and more doing other things. having earned over 54million in prize money alone from 1993-2007 he has more than enough to start settling down a bit. the steroid talk is just crap as he is just in good shape for his age, he dont even look as old as he really is.

Driver 905R 9.5 Deg Stiff Flex
3 Wood 904F 15 Deg Stiff Flex
Irons i5 Stiff Flex 3-PW
Wedges MALTBY Forged 53,56,60
Putter G5i Craz-EBall D-Feel

Vijay has got to be the biggest enigma on tour. He is a favorite among his fellow players, but won't even give fans, who are the biggest reason why he makes millions a year, the time of day.

I dont agree with that. People are different especially at work. They have different ways to motivate themselves and different ways of concentrating on the task at hand. What you see on TV when he is going down the stretch is not necessarily what he is as a person. Please judge and respect his golf skills for a man his age.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Every golfer struggles with his game when he makes a swing change. Tiger, Mickelson, to name a few. It's now, Vijah.

Did I expect him to bogey three consecutive holes? Absolutely not. Shocked is a good adjective. I full expect him to rebound and be in contention at Augusta.

The playoff hole, while a disaster, should be an example for every amateur on how not to give up on a hole. Tee shot in the bunker, skull his second shot, hit a 4I into the sand, have a fried egg type lie and just miss holing out. Make a par to force the pressure on Lowery.

He's still a great player. He'll be fine.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I dont agree with that. People are different especially at work. They have different ways to motivate themselves and different ways of concentrating on the task at hand. What you see on TV when he is going down the stretch is not necessarily what he is as a person. Please judge and respect his golf skills for a man his age.

I respect Vijay just as much as any player on tour, but I think it is a shame how surly he comes across. I wasn't commenting on his play Sunday when I talk about his rudeness to the fans.

I've both witnessed and heard about his lack of interaction with the people who pay good money to watch him play. I've also heard about his charity work and how much fellow players like being around him. Veej is just such a tough one to put a handle on. I don't really like him or dislike him.

I respect Vijay just as much as any player on tour, but I think it is a shame how surly he comes across. I wasn't commenting on his play Sunday when I talk about his rudeness to the fans.

Again, your reference is to his 'rudeness' and lack of interaction when he is in the office. AT WORK. That is probably not who he is. I doubt if a kid can recognize his dad in the office. So there you go.

In the bag:
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Again, your reference is to his 'rudeness' and lack of interaction when he is in the office. AT WORK. That is probably not who he is. I doubt if a kid can recognize his dad in the office. So there you go.

The difference between the "dad" and Vijay is that Vijay is getting paid his millions because of hardworking joes who pay to watch him play. He should at least be grateful to those people instead of being so off-putting. It takes very little effort to at least acknowledge.

The difference between the "dad" and Vijay is that Vijay is getting paid his millions because of hardworking joes who pay to watch him play. He should at least be grateful to those people instead of being so off-putting. It takes very little effort to at least acknowledge.

This is considered bad behavior? However, at one tournament, Phil Knight was standing in Tiger's path as he headed to the first tee. He did not even acknowledge Knight. This is a man who pays him infinitely more than any other individual does. Tiger was applauded for his "focus" and "determination."

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Maybe he already jumped off the HGH/steroid bandwagon earlier this year when it became apparent testing is going to begin next year. His age is probably the reason he's faltered - but his decline the last three or four months is eye opening. The guys on The Golf Channel were blaming it on Vijay tinkering with his swing.

I have made it clear on this site that I can't stand the guy and yes I do know that I am quoting a post that is over 6 months old. However, it is not far fetched to think that this is a possibility. I would say the same thing if it was Freddy, Norman or any other guy that had his game take off after the age of 40. What Vijay has done in the last 5+ years is nothing short of remarkable. he has always been one of the hardest workers in golf. Maybe the reason for his drastic improvement later in his career was because he became a fitness fanatic. At the same time, what is to stop a guy from saying "How do I keep up with these young guys?"

I hope he did do everything in his career naturally. I don't want to see golf go through what baseball has. Unfortunately most people seem to think a guy on performance enhancing drugs would look more like Arnold Swartzenager than Arnold Palmer. They don't have to cause huge muscles or loss of coordination. Barry Bonds still seemed to hit the ball for a pretty high average after he started juicing. Clemmens still found the strike zone on "lidocaine and B12." Listen to some of the baseball players that said HGH helped them recover faster and work harder. Andy Pettite was not some giant roid freak. There are millions of dollars up for grabs each year on the PGA Tour. There are millions more available from sponsors for the guys who reach the highest levels. Just because golf is an honorable game doesn't mean that everyone playing it is. I'm not saying Vijay used stuff, but it was late in the year when they started talking about the testing beginning in 08. I'm sure the players knew even before that. It would make sense for a guy to start preparing for life after that. It at least bears taking a second look. Like I said, I hope it's not true.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I am taking this out of your own sentence. Hardworking Joes go to watch him play. Not to see him being Mr.Nice guy hugging his fans. That kind of style probably does not do his game any good. Ben Hogan was like that. I believe he acknowledged that he tried being one of the nice guys and gave it up because he could not do both well.

In the bag:
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S

I love how everyone thinks people are who they are by the way they act on tv????

He's a pro golfer and a damn good one at that. Let's leave it at that.

You don't know anyone behind closed doors...your "hero's" could be major pricks, you'll never know....

He doesn't seem "programmed" to me.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I am taking this out of your own sentence. Hardworking Joes go to watch him play. Not to see him being Mr.Nice guy hugging his fans. That kind of style probably does not do his game any good. Ben Hogan was like that. I believe he acknowledged that he tried being one of the nice guys and gave it up because he could not do both well.

Ben Hogan was probably the biggest a**hole to ever play the game, he made Vijay look warm and cuddly by comparison. Also, Nick Faldo has always been known to be an a**hole, broadcasting work notwithstanding. I just find it hard to root for someone who isn't at least a bit gracious, but that's just me though.

I love how everyone thinks people are who they are by the way they act on tv????

I don't base what I think of these players just on what I see on tv. I happen to actually read up, listen, and once or twice a year interact with these people. I also recognize that Vijay is one of the best players of the last 20 years, just not a particulary personable one.

Ben Hogan was probably the biggest a**hole to ever play the game, he made Vijay look warm and cuddly by comparison. Also, Nick Faldo has always been known to be an a**hole, broadcasting work notwithstanding. I just find it hard to root for someone who isn't at least a bit gracious, but that's just me though.

That sounds very outrageous to lots of golfers. Just because you get the chance to interact with a few of these fine golfers does not make you automatically right when you pass judgement on them outside of what people see. As far as I can see, Hardworking Joe does not have a problem with Vijay. Storyhunting media probably has a problem with him.

In the bag:
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S

Note: This thread is 5717 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!