• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  

My Swing (RoberTX)

Recommended Posts

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 months

My current handicap index or average score is: very high, I'm a beginner

My typical ball flight is: When I make good contact, it flies straight, sometimes the slightest fade.  I sometime hit a very bad slice; I think this happens when I don't turn through enough between the start of my downswing and contact.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Trying to make consistent contact.  I sometimes hit the ball fat or top it.

As a beginner, I am starting to see a little more consistency, but I have a ways to go.  I am just getting to where I can make decent contact with the driver maybe 75% of the time.  The other 25% mostly go way right (as in 45 degrees right of the target line).  I rarely pull it.  The absolute furthest I have hit the driver is 180 yards in the air.  My 3 wood is a little less.  I've recently started to focus on relaxing my grip pressure and arms and that has helped a lot.  I know my posture needs work, and I can tell my swing is not consistent in these videos - so I shouldn't be surprised that I am not making consistent contact with the ball!

I am using a neutral to slightly strong grip.

Anyway I'm looking for advice on what to focus on while practicing.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Hi welcome to the site and welcome to the game of golf! I would take a look at this thread on posture and work on that first. You need to bend over more, stick your butt out. Some golfers overdo sticking the butt out but you need more of it. So bend a little more from the waist and allow the head to "hang" down. All explained in the thread

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this