IGNORED

swinging

geezer
Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...eon11-9-07.flv

and

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...line1-9-07.flv

I would welcome any criticism, constructive, of course.
I know this isn't hitting a ball, but I don't have a net, so I will try and get a swing hitting a ball next time I am at the range, because we all know that a practice swing is fine but put a ball in the road and everything changes.

The quality isn't great but it's only a camera phone.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Swing is looking pretty good. I noticed on your DTL view that your left hand was below your right shoulder at the top of your backswing. Do you hit alot of pull hooks? I have seen this position work for many people, and I understand it is a part of some modern teaching methods(stack and tilt), but I think if you got that hand just a little above your right shoulder you would have much better directional dispersion. Just a thought, but your swing does look well tuned.
In My Bag
Driver: R5 TP 9.5 Diamana
3 Wood: V-Steel 15* UST V2
5 Wood: R7 Steel
Hybrids: Heavenwood 20* UST V2 Rescue Mid 22* UST V2Irons: RAC LT2 5-9 Project X FlightedWedges: RAC Black TP 47* 51* 55* 60*Putter: White Hot 2 BallBalls: One Black

My old swing looked a lot like this. You can make it work, but it takes practice and commitment. When it's on, there's nothing like it. When it's off, ball is off the planet.

Pretty tight swing from what I can see. Nice and flexible, great looking rhythm, if you hit a ball with that same swing. Actually reminds me a lot of my old swing before moving to a 2 plane swing then recently to stack and tilt.

I agree with bwinger79, definitely a one plane swing which is totally fine, but that one plane with your current body movement will likely cause pull hooks or pushes. When it's timed perfectly you'll crush it. Easiest change right now is exactly what bwinger79 suggested to get that hand working a little more upright at the top of the backswing. It will feel like you're getting the club up high but, if you want to keep the rest of your swing the way it is, this is the change that will bring you consistency. When I had this swing and it was working it felt like the club would come back in 2 pieces. From start to hip high was a straight back movement, and from there the club would move straight up and think of pointing the shaft towards the target. David Leadbetter style swing, his reference material will work best for you if this is the route you go to change. Try to match Justin Rose swing, yours is most like his in my eye.

IF the hand thing going higher takes too much to think about, you may want to check out the one plane swing articles as that seems to be where you plane is at now, alternatively Stack and Tilt would fit for you as your swing plane would work perfectly for that, and as a current student of Stack and Tilt I can guarantee it will work for you as well.

18 handicap with that swing tells me you don't get out to practice too much and your consistency is off. I bet you hit it a mile but don't know which side of the golf course your miss will travel. If that is the case, your confidence will be low, and then you game suffers from the confidence catch 22.

"Good shots require confidence, Confidence requires good shots."

Good luck

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Thanks for the pointers guys, really appreciate it.

Yes, bwinger79, I do ...ocasionally... throw a pull hook out there. Must try that left hand thing.

Diggitydog, you are spot on, except I wouldn't call it a mile... but the uncertainty about where the ball will go is correct.
Thanks for the model swing (Justin)that really will help with visualisation.
As for S&T;, I had considered it but I've just started my first lessons from a pro and I didn't want to start anything new until he'd had a look (these were taken before the lessons, btw) and he doesn't teach stack and tilt.

I didn't practice too much before ( played more than I practiced, not counting chipping around the garden ) but I've just started lessons and am going to the range more often, so hopefully things will start to look up.

Thanks again for the pointers guys, much appreciated.

Whats in the bag:

Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Sounds like you'll get it, lessons are awesome because it's a support mechanism. It was the reason I held off Stack & Tilt for awhile but my inability to work the ball left, my power fade and inconsistency finally pushed me into the S&T.;

BTW I wouldn't have gone to S&T; except the results were so quick and in a month I've surpassed my best with the old swing.

Totally understand the instructor thing.

Post an updated swing if you can, would love to compare to your old one. I love looking at swings, it's addictive for me.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Will do. Its too late now but maybe tomorrow or some time soon.
Whats in the bag:

nice tempo in your swing dude.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Looks to me like your head may be too far in front of the ball at impact....but without a ball there it's hard to tell...

Try to keep the head back slightly behind the ball at impact and not rotating it so much. In the face on I paused it right after impact, and you were looking out in front of you way off to the left. Which indicates to me you wanna watch it..

Personally, I think some side to side head movement is o.k., but rotating it too much will interfere with your consistency.

What im talking about is so minor in your otherwise flawless swing that it probably isn't even worth considering except as a last minute swing thought before beginning your backswing.

Good luck to ya

Sumo 5000 10.5 Aldila NV 65-X Driver
PC-III 4-SW irons
Custom Putter
Pro-V1 Balls

Thanks CG031.

Thanks JtotheD, I've tried to keep looking at the ball, or at least where it was... and if it was a flawless swing, I'd be on the PGA tour by now.

brookep, I think you are absolutley right, and that article is really good. I'ne always known that you had to lead with your lower body, but I could never do it, you can't repeat something you've never felt, so in the first two lessons with my instructor we have been really just working on lower body. So I hope the leading from the ground up has improved since.

So, I've had my first two lessons and I've taken these pointers on board and here is the resultant 'new swing'. Bear in mind that it's a new swing so I'm not 100% with it yet, and I'm gradually trying to raise the left hand at the top of the swing.

Note that these swings are with a ball , I "borrowed" my uncles' net just for this.

So just for comparisons sake, heres the two old ones,

Face on and Down the line

Here's the new face on and down the line

Whats in the bag:

Note: This thread is 6079 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!