IGNORED

What is going on?

teeitup22
Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Root cause of the problem sounds like a crowded course.  I do not know your area but in crowded Northern NJ since I became an empty nester I adjusted my playing times and the courses I play years ago to avoid crowded conditions.  Hot Summer afternoons and Sunday afternoons in the Fall when the Jets of Giants are playing often give me a 3 to 3 1/2 hour round.  Weekday afternoons are closer to 2 1/2 hours.  One other recommendation I would make if you have a regular foursome, which is to find a course that sells seaonal tee times during the most busy hours - typically Saturday and Sunday morning.  When my children were at home and I had more obligations on a Sunday afternoon, my group would tee off at 8:08, and the pe-booked tee times went from 7 to 11AM.  It should be noted that we had to pre-pay the green fees for 20 rounds by March 1st, but any group that was willing to make that commitment was likely to consist of dedicated golfers.  It was an unwritten rule that we would play at a brisk but pleasant pace and finish in 4 hours or less.  Immediately we would hit a provisional if there was any doubt, spend only 2-3 minutes looking for a balls, and took our putting seriously but understood that it was not the Masters.  I would be home by 12:45 ready for barbecues, softball games, or just cutting the lawn.

Problems like you had are almost inevitable under packed conditions.  If there was an empty hole or two in front of them they should have allowed you to play through - I would have asked them under those circumstances.  But try and go with it and not let it ruin your round.

Good advice, thanks.

the course is jammed up, your group didn't ask to play through, you tried to sneak around them at the turn without communication, your group hit into the group in front of you.

If those are the facts I am not sure that the group ahead of yours is the one with an etiquette issue.

Yep we probably screwed up by trying to sneak by them. I'll give you that. However, we did not intentionally hit into the twosome. The ball took a twenty yard bounce forward.

Yep we probably screwed up by trying to sneak by them. I'll give you that. However, we did not intentionally hit into the twosome. The ball took a twenty yard bounce forward.

Where are the 20 yard bounces when we need them. I hit my 9 iron what I would estimate to be about 200-225 yards (I didn't measure it) with the help of a cart path. Unfortunately, it was a 155 yard par 3. :) actually it doesn't really matter. To hit the cart path I was obviously off line enough that I was going to be in trouble even if my length was perfect.

Respectfully,

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!