IGNORED

I don't understand ......

Crate
Note: This thread is 6069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Kafka, I agree with what Fusioncal and the others have said about hitting down with the irons versus sweeping with the driver. I've learned to take a more narrow and steep swing with the irons hitting down into the ball and then the ground. I'm right handed, and with the driver at address, I set up with a slight tilt to my right in order to widen my swing, preventing the club head from contacting the ground before ascending slightly before striking through the ball.

OK guys
Every club has a distence. 9 iron goes x yards
8 iron goes x=10 yards
7 iron goes x= 20 yards
ETCETRA
why would you think that a driver is any different?
You hit your driver whatever you hit it.
If you try to get more out of it you will fail more often than not.
That is why most people have trouble with their driver.
A club has a distance for each player, to try to excede that is tomfoolery.
Swing the damn thing like you swing all the rest of your sticks and you will play better golf.
You would never try to kill a 9 iron 195 yards would you?
Then why would you try to hit your driver an extra 90 yards?
mocho, mine's longer than yours!!! I guess.

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Do you hit down with your driver and take a divot?

No! Hence why the ball is tee'd up. Your driver swing should be the most dynamic swing from any of your shots compared down to your putting, being probably the most static. That is why you should have a slight variance in your driving swing from a dynamic stand point, meaning your stance is a little bit wider and you may take your hands up to 12'clock on your back swing, but the swing remains the same, adjusting to the length of shaft which affects your swing plane. It all comes down to developing your tempo. In my experience, most people who FEEL like they are making a different swing are actually making such a miniscule change from their normal swing that, to the naked eye, there doesn't appear to be a difference. That's fine. It's almost more of a new "swing thought" than a change in the swing itself. Remember it's not how hard you hit the ball, is how well you swing through the ball.
HiBore XL Tour 10.5* Fujikura Speeder 652 Tour Spec X-Flex
HiBore 15* FW Aldila 70-S "Proto By You"
Hibore 2i Aldila 80-S "Proto By you"
MP-67 3-pw *Project X 6.0
MP-R Black Nickel wedges 52*-7 56*-10 60*-5 *Project X 6.0 GM2 Exchange #6 Staff Bag

Note: This thread is 6069 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!