• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 169: 6/9/24 Slow motion swings and putting through gates.
    • Being I have my new car :). I've been digging into proper maintenance. This came up on my YouTube feed today. I saved the timestamp of where he goes into oil change intervals.  Basically, more often than what your manufacturer recommends.  1. The oil manufacturer has an incentive to do fewer oil changes because they then have to get rid of less used oil.  2. It maintains the engine to the warranty. If you just lease cars, then do the manufacturer recommendations. You are not keeping this car past its warranty. If you want to keep a car for a long time, pass it down to a kid or something. Then change your oil sooner, and if possible get samples tested to know what type of wear is going on to predict failures. Certain parts have certain metals that can show up and tell you what is going on.  I plan on doing oil changes very 3000 miles. I want this car to last a long time. For me, it cost me like $40 bucks for the oil. It takes me like half an hour to do my own oil change.  Also, manufacturers see 1 quarter of oil usage per 1000 miles as acceptable. So, if you have a 5 quart oil level, and the recommended oil change is 15K miles. You better know if you are running low or not. Waiting till the indicator light comes on might not be the best practice.   
    • Played 9 yesterday at Hoodkroft in Derry, NH. Course is not super long but was in good shape and had fun playing with my brother. Shot a 46 with a double and a triple. 4 putted on 1 then used 14 putts the final 8. Lipped out a 30 footer on 9 which would have been a hell of a par save after taking a drop. Had my best day with the driver in a long time. Feel like the swing thought of moving my chest instead of my shoulders is paying off. 
    • @boogielicious was doing that last Friday.
    • Very watchable. A win on a tough course  is the best

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...