IGNORED

Matrix PZ 145 .362 Graphite Putter Shaft on Ghost Spider S Putter (Pimp my putter)

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey I have had my eye on the Matrix Graphite putter shaft for while now. I know its completely ridiculous, but I have the extra cash to burn, and my wife gave me the go ahead if I want to. My concern is whether it would fit on my 2013 Taylormade Ghost Spider S Putter. My current putter shaft is straight. I have no experience buying aftermarket shafts. I was looking at the 145 gram shaft, because it comes stock at 36 inches and I will cut it down to 33.5 inches (my current putter length). As I mentioned the main idea is cosmetic (I like fancy things), but I am also interested in any feel difference there is between the steel shaft and graphite shaft on a putter (I read somewhere that there is a bit of difference). I'm sold on keeping my putter around for a few years, so I figure, why not give it some more bling. Golfsmith has them for a price I am willing to pay (plus shipping costs), so that is where I plan on ordering it through. There are obviously better things to spend the money on, but I figure if it fits, why not.

Thanks

Shaggs

$140 for a graphite putter shaft!!! You could get a whole new putter with that. I would think a graphite shaft would really dull the feel of impact on the putter face. I don't believe I've ever seen a pro playing a graphite putter either. Seems like a waste to me. If you want a change of feel you could get one of these much cheaper. http://www.golfsmith.com/product/30039914/ust-mamiya-frequency-filtered-370-putter-shaft?cm_vc=vc_cs_pp

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I never cared about the price of it. I want the graphite shaft primarily for for what it is. I mentioned already that I know its a bit of a waste of money, but I have the extra cash that I can spend on it and if it would work I will buy it.

I never cared about the price of it. I want the graphite shaft primarily for for what it is. I mentioned already that I know its a bit of a waste of money, but I have the extra cash that I can spend on it and if it would work I will buy it.

Well if the wife already gave you the go ahead and you're still having enough doubts to ask for more opinions to justify the purchase, I'm thinking you're going to end up disappointed.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All I was asking is if the shaft will fit on my the hosel of my putter. Not anything to do with if it will feel different or drastically change my putter. I do not want to order it and find that the diameter of the shaft won't allow me to attach it to my putter head. I was under the impression that some putter heads attach to shafts different than the norm, so I was just wanting to make sure it would fit fine before I ordered it. Sorry if my original post was confusing and lead people to think I was concerened with how it would affect the putter itself.

Note: This thread is 3224 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!