• Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
    Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Day 13, worked on some short game and putting. Short game is coming along nicely. Putting, I think I figured something out with standing closer to the ball. 
    • Day 620, July 15, 2024 Played 15 holes before the sirens went off. Played the first 9 with a Swing Extender on. Hit some really flush shots, and learned that I can trust the first part of the swing so long as I keep doing it.
    • We allow our 75+ members to play their entire round from the senior tees including closest to pin stuff.  Our 60+ members also get to play up a tee box for their rounds including the closest to pin stuff.  Two of our par threes are really long, and most of our seniors would have no shot at a CTP on those holes.  I don't have a problem with it.  However, we'll usually only have one or two CTP contests on par 3s, and we'll have another 3 or 4 for second shot CTP on par 4s.  Our pro tries to pick a few holes that give seniors a big advantage and a few holes that do not.  It sounds like you maybe only have one CTP for the entire round which puts a little more premium on the prize?
    • What is your predicted likelihood of qualifying?  If you feel that your typical score will get you qualified, I'd probably err on the conservative side with the first tee shot on a tough hole like this.  If you think you are going to have to play two rounds that are quite a bit better than your typical round, I'd probably be more likely to try and be more aggressive from the get-go.  Although with a 36 hole qualifier, I could understand the conservative approach on the first hole to avoid making the rest of the day meaningless.  I can remember reading a Raymond Floyd book, where he talked about how to play a first hole, and the only thing he was trying to do was make the hole as easy / stress free as possible to start building confidence for the remainder of the round.  There is a lot to be said for that.  
    • Great info.  Played my local course here in Virginia Beach, (Heron Ridge) had a very short putt, hit it dead center and was shocked to see the ball rebound out of the hole.  I could hear it hit the plastic cup liner.  This cup was sunk around 1/4" from the surface, maximum of 1/2".  Tried the same putt on numerous other holes where the cup was sunk deeper with no problem.  Guess the greens keeper got lazy on this hole.

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...