IGNORED

My Swing (brandonhebel)

brandonhebel
Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 14

My current handicap index or average score is: 12

My typical ball flight is: Medium High

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Push Right

Videos:

Pause this one at 11 seconds to see the hunch in my back i am talking about ^^^^

I am looking for help on my swing, the big thing I am looking at is on my down swing right around impact why I look so hunched over... and insight into the problem is appreciated!

• Administrator

All of your videos are private.

Welcome to TST!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are my videos public now?

We can see them now. For the down the line video, have the camera aim along your foot line. It gives a better view of the club head path with respect to the hands, etc. I didn't notice much except your head does move back slightly in the backswing. You then move forward on the down swing. This isn't necessarily bad, but a more centered turn may help. See this thread. [CONTENTEMBED=/t/76114/how-to-make-a-centered-hip-turn layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Welcome to The SandTrap.

First, nice swing. You have a lot of good stuff going on with your swing.

I would say be mindful of the angles you are video taping your swing. DTL View needs to be shown down your toe line, and about waist high. I would lay down a club or alignment stick to help out. Face On view needs to be centered in your stance and also about waist high. I'd say you could zoom in a tad as well ;)

Honestly, I can't say anything about your DTL views because it's hard to tell what's going on from where the camera is at. I'd check out this thread, you have a bit of lower back arch.

I agree with @boogielicious , you kinda sway a tad. You can see it in your driver swing. I'd say this is more related to your posture and the fact you have little hip turn. I think primarily you need to work on your turn sequencing. I really can't see how your backswing looks from the camera angle.

From what I see, you are very flexible so you get away with the very little hip turn in the backswing. This causes you to go into early extension because your hips are so far ahead going into impact. Your shoulders get steep in the downswing, and your path gets shoved outward. You hit big pushes because your swing path is going outward, and you match the face angle to your swing path.

Set up changes.

1) Flare your feet about 20-30 degrees open. I'd do this by taking your normal set up, but kicking your heels inward. This will make sure your stance doesn't get wider. This will help with the hip turn. We call this a freebie. Something easy to do, and it just helps out with the swing.

2) get in a more relaxed position at address by losing that arch in the lower back. See the link I posted above.

Swing

1) Work on the centered pivot by letting the hips turn earlier in the backswing. For you it might feel like you just need to turn and do nothing with your arms and hands for the first third of your backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3280 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!