IGNORED

What’s the most famous putter in the history of the game?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What’s the most famous putter in the history of the game?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who's putter is the most famous in the history of the game?

• Jones' Calamity Jane
    • Arnie's 8802
    • Jack's Response
    • Tiger's Newport 2
    • Other

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2015 at 4:12 PM, Golfingdad said:

Corey Pavins Bullseye. Stood out for the fact that he still used it while everybody else was going towards more "tech" in their putters.  Pretty sure he still uses it in fact.

Is that what Pavin's putter is called ... every time I see him using that, I think to myself - he's using a miniature golf putter !!    Just goes to show you ... it's the indian, not the arrow.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No one else (outside of Caddyshack)  really has a published nickname for a putter.  Jones used this on 1920/1930 greens definitely not the manicured carpets we see today.  Results speak for themselves.

Note: This thread is 3047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!