IGNORED

My Swing (Arthurd561)

Arthurd561
Note: This thread is 3076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 15 years 2.5 years seriously
My current handicap index or average score is: 95
My typical ball flight is: high fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: the sweep, trying to get solid contact with forward shaft lean

Videos: 

Edited by Arthurd561

welcome to the site my man!! Here is a great thread to get you started. Also it would help to post a DTL video aswell. 

Driver - covert 2.0 (9.5) Woods - covert 2.0 (3/5) Hybrids - covert 2.0 (3/4) Irons - vrs-x (5/SW) Putter - :odyssey: metal X (33")

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, Arthurd561 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 15 years 2.5 years seriously
My current handicap index or average score is: 95
My typical ball flight is: high fade
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: the sweep, trying to get solid contact with forward shaft lean

Videos: 

Welcome to the site. Can you film again and back the phone or camera up? It will help more if we can see your whole body and the club.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Here are some better views from the range tonight. I was pulling a lot of shots to the right and hitting a bunch fat. Towards the end of the session I was getting my hips around a bit quicker and keeping my arms more connected to my body. This seemed to help the pull and contact issues. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would love to hear any and all feedback. 

@Arthurd561

Below is a screenshot of you at setup, A1, and top of backswing, A4. Notice how far back your head and hips have moved. This makes it difficult for you to move your weight far enough forward at impact to have an inside out swing path and may cause the pulls you described.arthurd.thumb.jpg.1839f5b7947a574cb99fbc

Check out the thread below. You can practice making a centered hip turn anywhere including in front of a mirror. What will happen is it will be easier for you to get your weight going forward from the top of your backswing toward impact.

There are other things that may correct themselves if you fix this part as well. Film your practice and work on it slowly at first as described in the thread below.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks for the feedback @boogielicious I was just hitting some balls into the practice net trying to keep my hips centered. This made it easier to get my weight forward as you said. It also made my swing feel shorter, quicker and more compact. I will continue to work on this and upload some more swings as I get it down. Once again thank you for sharing your thoughts it is truly appreciated. 

Note: This thread is 3076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!