IGNORED

Anything wrong with a 3/4 swing?

Note: This thread is 6004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How do you know that he was using a 3/4 swing though? Maximum rotation allowed by a persons body should basically be different for everybody. Some people overdo this by moving the club further than their body will rotate by using their arms, but no additional power is gained by this (afaik). Activating the arms like that will also most likely lead to problems on the downswing with the arms racing in front of the body instead of following the rotation.

You know, this is an interesting point. His club NEVER got to parallel. From what I could see, his lead arm only ever got to 9 'o clock position (looking face-on).

Maybe it was his "full swing". All I know is, he didn't seem to care that he wasn't at parallel at the top, and he was kicking EVERYONE'S a$$ regarding accuracy. Didn't give a yard to Player, who was PAST parallel at the top. . .

Doug Sanders (the peacock of the fairway) did alright with a short swing, as did/does Allen Doyle on the seniors tour.

I picked up a copy of Doug Sanders book "Compact Golf" on ebay a while back, he goes over why he loves the compact, short, 3/4 swing so much.

I think Allen Doyle, developed his swing from an ice hockey background, combined with practicing in a basement where he grew up (Boston I think) that had a low ceiling.

Hey, whatever works to help get a solid strike on the ball.

Note: This thread is 6004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!