IGNORED

Waldorf Astoria Golf Club........Orlando Florida

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you are vacationing at WDW in Orlando or you are anywhere in the vicinity during your travels, I highly recommend this golf course!!!!!!!!!!!   OMG....this is an AMAZING COURSE!!

I went to Disney last week and normally play one of the Disney courses during our family trips by default.  I normally get the first tee time, but Disney has a habit of sending 9-hole golfers off on #10.  This defeats the purpose of "Playing First" because you'll get stuck behind slow play after the turn.  For this reason, I decided to spend my golf $$$ elsewhere on this trip and chose the Waldorf Astoria course because of it's close proximity.   This course is absolutely amazing and a definite cut-above the disney courses!!   (and WDW courses are excellent their own right)  

The Waldorf Astoria GC greens were lightning fast and the roll was amazingly PURE!  Fairways, greens, bunkers....everything about this course was absolutely immaculate!!  I've played several high dollar resort courses over the years during my travels, but this course left an impression.   This may be one of my favorite courses ever played...   LOOOOOVED IT!!  The service from the staff was above and beyond. 

If you ever are in the area, it's worthy of playing to be sure!!   

PS...I played like absolute crap, but the course was so fantastic, it didn't get my spirits down too badly..LOL   I've scored 90 and above maybe 3-4 times over the past 15 years, and this day was one of them!!  I carded a 91 with a ton of penalties!! LOL...OUCH!!  I was paired-up with a guy that was from Canada who was a solid golfer in his own right.  (mid-low single digit HC)  this was his first round of 2016 and he had a rough day to say the least.   

IMG_1577.JPG

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I played there after the Taylormade M2 launch event. Very nice course. The greens were a little ball marked up because it was only January but they rolled true and fast nonetheless. Definitely recommended.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!