IGNORED

want a zero iron

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i want to get a zero iron.... yeah its kinda weird but i like strange golf clubs and the zero iron is at the top of my golf club list. anybody know any company that makes one or a vintage one for sale somewhere

Pardon me, but what are the technical specifications on a Zero iron?

Do you want it to have 0° loft? Even putters, so-called flat sticks, usually have at least 3° loft. (For technical reasons, see Jack Waddell's 2007 Bag Drop piece on Putter Loft.)

About the best you could do is find an old Ping 2-iron, heat up the hosel to red hot, and bend it to 0° loft. Then, you would have to re-epoxy the shaft into place, and see what the no-loft (??) would do to a golf ball. (You couldn't cold-bend the loft from 21° to 0° without breaking the hosel. Also, you would probably need to hire someone to do the red-hot bend so you don't burn your hands off.)

Now, if you mean something different by a Zero iron, please fill us in.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@GolfClubbas why didn't you just buy this one when you first posted about this topic? Also, don't actually bother buying one because it is pretty much useless unless your name is John Daly. ;-)

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

(edited)

the one i saw on ebay earlier was bought. and the zero iron i have seen by bang golf has a loft of 11 degrees the reason i didn't want that one is because its not easy to find 

Edited by GolfClubbas

On 5/23/2016 at 8:03 PM, SavvySwede said:

@GolfClubbas why didn't you just buy this one when you first posted about this topic? Also, don't actually bother buying one because it is pretty much useless unless your name is John Daly. ;-)

I stand corrected. Zero Iron really does exist!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 2904 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!