IGNORED

Tip Diameter???

i-Guy
Note: This thread is 6009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am attempting to purchase a graphite shaft for my Burner 3 wood and I cannot find anywhere what the "Tip Diameter" is...I would assume it is .335 or .350. Can anyone tell me how to find out? I checked the website and it did not say in the "Specifications" section... Thanks.

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

.350 tip if it's the non TP. However, I would simply buy a .335 and shim it. That way you will have more possibilities if you decide to sell it or use it in a different head later.

Thanks for responding and you are correct...I did some more research on

website and found that the stock Burner shaft for this club is a .350 tip. Now in refernce to your comment about buying a .335 and shimming it, can you expand based on the following questions because I know very little about graphite shafts: 1) How does this affect the play ability of the club? Like does it make the club play less stiff or stiffer...etc 2) Does it make the club less stable at the tip and does that matter? 3) I know it gives me more options for better shafts but is there any pro's or con's related to tip diameter in any FWY graphite shaft? Thanks...

Thanks for responding and you are correct...I did some more research on

1. Shimming does not affect playability at all.

2. It does not matter at all. I've shimmed hundreds of clubs and have never had one fail. 3. .335 tips actually play just every so slightly more flexible than .350 since they're thinner diameter. The difference is so minuscule you would never notice it. The reason most OEM's use .350 tip graphite shafts is to provide a little extra strength since many amateurs tend to hit shots off center stressing the shaft and can occasionally take the old dollar bill divot with a metal wood.

1. Shimming does not affect playability at all.

That clears up a lot for me...thanks again for your help...

Note: This thread is 6009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!