IGNORED

Caddie Master at US Senior Amateur

WUTiger
Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I once caddied with Mike Smith

As a 14-year-old, Mike Smith got assigned to caddie for Jack Nicklaus in the 1971 Ryder Cup at Old Warson CC. Now, some 45 years later, Mike is capping his career in golf as caddie master for the club that just hosted another major tournament, the U.S. Senior Amateur. Mike had various other golf industry stops before returning to Warson in 1993.

Mike still caddies sometimes. During the just-completed Senior Amateur, he caddied for Randal Lewis who shot a 3-under 68 in the first stroke-play round. Here's the USGA story on Mike: Veteran Caddie

Mike was there when I caddied at Old Warson from 1968-74. I was starting college when he was starting high school. Unlike Mike, I missed the September-slated Ryder Cup because I had transferred that fall from junior college to University of Missouri. But, I had gotten a taste of the big-time the previous June when I served as fore-caddie for a National Golf Day exhibition match in which Jack Nicklaus edged English star Tony Jacklin.

Of note, both Mike and I played on the Meramec Community College golf team, although several years apart. And, Mike developed into a much better player than me.

Mike and I first reconnected in 2009 when I volunteered for the U.S. Women's Amateur at Old Warson.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2743 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!