IGNORED

Reviews for Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons?

Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am thinking about a new set of irons for 2017 and I like the looks of the Big Bertha OS irons. They are large and probably clunky, but the state of my game these days I need all the help I can get. Plus the course I play gets watered way too much and the fairways are soft and wet. Wide sole irons should help to some degree. Anyone out there played or demoed them yet. Thanks for any feedback. 

• iacas changed the title to Reviews for Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons?
21 hours ago, shanksalot said:

... They are large and probably clunky, but the state of my game these days I need all the help I can get. Plus the course I play gets watered way too much and the fairways are soft and wet. Wide sole irons should help to some degree. ...

Clunky heads with wider, more cambered soles will go through the turf better than older clunky heads with square edges. When you try out the BB-OS, also hit the XR.16 Steelheads. The Steelheads have somewhat smaller heads. (Have hit Steelheads - impressive! - but not the BB-OS.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, WUTiger said:

Clunky heads with wider, more cambered soles will go through the turf better than older clunky heads with square edges. When you try out the BB-OS, also hit the XR.16 Steelheads. The Steelheads have somewhat smaller heads. (Have hit Steelheads - impressive! - but not the BB-OS.)

Thanks, I was at Dicks the other day, it had just opened this month. They had the XR16, but not the BB OS. When they get the BB OS in I will try them both. 

Note: This thread is 2729 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!