IGNORED

lifting at impact

tiger_who
Note: This thread is 5974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i just tell myself to keep my heart still and swing around it. i have a problem dipping at the start of my downswing. just try and tell yourelf to stay level

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

hey with my golf swing i tend to lift my body up at the impact position what are some tips or drills to helpy me keep my body still.

Try not to lean forward toward the ball too much. Make sure the weight distribution is around be 55-60% front and 45-40% back although they differ for every golfer. This however, gives you something to start with.

One of the causes you lift your body up at impact is because your brain perceives that you would or could dig the turf too deep and that's why you are doing what you would naturally do - compensate. Now it's fairly tough to go against your brain, but it's possible if you could develop an instinct for your swing. Allow me to further explain, when riding a bike you just never think how to sit on the seat, which foot should be off the ground first, etc. You just ride with your instinct, that's it. I'm talking about the same concept for your golf swing. It should be similar, the only brain "usage" is to think where to aim for the green. Another would be because you're trying to power hit the ball or simply trying too hard to lift the ball up in the air. As you know, the more power you put into your swing the more unbalanced you would be. Furthermore, I'd like to remind you that in golf you need to hit down in order to get the ball up. Hope this helps.
What's in the bag:
Driver: r7 SuperQuad 10.5° ~ UST Proforce V2 65g Regular
Wood: 906F4 18.5° ~ Aldila VS Proto 80g Stiff
Irons: MP-60 3-PW ~ True Temper Tour Concept S3
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 252.08, SM56.10 & SM60.08Putter: Marxman Mallet 33"

Here's a tip for you at the range. When you are hitting something about 3 inches in front of the ball. Focus on hitting that with your your club. That might help keeping yourself down so you dont pull up in the ball.

Whats in my Warbird Hot Bad:

Driver: 907D1 9.5 - 65-S Aldila VS Proto --- FT-IQ coming soon?
2 Hybrid: Rescue mid-TP 16 deg
3 Hybrid: Rescue TP - HC Tour Only Model 19 deg - DG X-1004-PW: 695CB Irons - Project X 6.0Wedges Vokey SM58, Vokey SM54, Vokey 250Putter Futura PhantomWhere I WorkMy...

One of the causes you lift your body up at impact is because your brain perceives that you would or could dig the turf too deep and that's why you are doing what you would naturally do - compensate.

Yes, this is what happens to many. One of Jack Niclaus' swing coaches used to grip tightly onto young Jack's hair. If he moved incorrectly, he'd feel excruciating pain. It was a cruel way of learning to keep his head in the correct positions, but it worked.

This is probably a mental fault you'll have to overcome. Trying to trick the brain is a temporary fix, is difficult, but can be achieved. For example, try to imagine that your ball is level with the ground but there is plenty of ground clearance all around it and it's sitting on a 10" tee protruding from a 9" deep pit below. Be comfortable with a feeling that nothing will happen to you or your body if the club head swings a little below the level ground. What would be best though, is to realize what happens in a perfect swing and how the club head travels through the impact zone. Once your brain commits to the idea that the impact, and correct divot will not harm you, you'll eliminate this fault entirely.

I had the same problem a while ago. My upper body lifted up during the down swing. My coach found out that my posture isn't right. I was leaning too much forward when I down swing I lost balance that why I used to life up. So I changed my posture. Made sure my shoulders are directly above the balls of my feet look from down the line. That problem is gone.

Launcher 460 10.5° <BB Solution 130 R>
Wishon 949MC 16.5° <SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 R>
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23° <UST SR2 R>
MX-23 5-PW <KBS Tour R>
Vokey 250.08, SM54.10, SM58.08 <DG Wedge> Callie 33.75"TLT Series 4MOI matched

Note: This thread is 5974 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!