IGNORED

Metal X Milled (pushing putts?)

Note: This thread is 2692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ive figured this putter out finally !!! I have the #6 which has more toe hang than the #1. I liked it because it help me with pushes , it seemed to rotate better for me. Ive always kept the weight equal in the toe and heel as i was advised to do. Well, i put 20g in the toe and 10g in the heel and now im putting better than i ever have. If you have a Metal X Putter with the extra toe hang, #6 or #9 Try that weight set up. Its counter-intuitive but it works so good for me, Maybe it will for you too. If you have an arc to your stroke and dont have a straight back and straight thru stroke, it works great. So happy right now, im dropping 6-footers at a crazy rate. I need to shave 5-6 shots to break 80 and this will get a few of them. Hit Em Good Yall !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good advice and I hope it helps you break 80!

I cant putt for crap with an arc... they go all over the place.  I have a friend who has a huge arc and he is a pretty good putter.  I like the pendulum stroke and try to keep everything inline as that works pretty good for me.

Now go out there and shave some strokes and post in the Breaking 80 thread!!

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

I am having good results with a Metal X #7 belly, cut down, I like the heavier weight of 400g. (back and through).

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

7 hours ago, Vinny Cap said:

Good advice and I hope it helps you break 80!

I cant putt for crap with an arc... they go all over the place.  I have a friend who has a huge arc and he is a pretty good putter.  I like the pendulum stroke and try to keep everything inline as that works pretty good for me.

Now go out there and shave some strokes and post in the Breaking 80 thread!!

@Vinny Cap Im gonna do it !!!! I like being pushed like that. Need a student ? HAHA. Thanks Vinny. Hit Em Good Bud !!

• Upvote 1

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

15 hours ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

@Vinny Cap Im gonna do it !!!! I like being pushed like that. Need a student ? HAHA. Thanks Vinny. Hit Em Good Bud !!

No problem, you are welcome.  Sometimes we just need a little push to get going.

Since you live in FL I will have to come down to teach for the winter.  Back up here in summer for more training.  I use to live in Sunrise but didn't golf back then.... in hindsight it is a shame as it was always nice from Dec to March.... Hmmm, where did I leave that time machine????

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Note: This thread is 2692 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!