IGNORED

MG Senior Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 6/3/2018 at 6:34 PM, parman said:

I bought a couple dozen of these which was a big mistake. They are hard and don't go farther than my regular Callaway Chrome soft. 

Agreed! They are no better than any other distance ball. Fraud advertising. I think the guys claiming extra distance are having a placebo effect or they've never played balls like a Velocity of any Top Flight distance ball. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have played them and they are not much different than any other ball I play.  Somewhat longer when I make great contact. Just because the USGA calls them out as non-conforming is meaningless to me as in my opinion they don’t have their act together.  They screw up rules and make everything political.  So if you use them for social fun, go for it, they are a great value golf ball. There are no rules for social fun except enjoy the game in any way you wish.  Non-conforming issues don’t exist in this game of fun.  Tournaments are a whole different story.  You must play by the rules.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, MrHilton said:

Yes I have played them and they are not much different than any other ball I play.  Somewhat longer when I make great contact. Just because the USGA calls them out as non-conforming is meaningless to me as in my opinion they don’t have their act together.  They screw up rules and make everything political.  So if you use them for social fun, go for it, they are a great value golf ball. There are no rules for social fun except enjoy the game in any way you wish.  Non-conforming issues don’t exist in this game of fun.  Tournaments are a whole different story.  You must play by the rules.  

+1 

Edited by Sandhills Golfe

• 2 years later...

Got back into golf this past March since the COVID closed everything down but our courses here in Savannah. I have played the MG Senior ball and do like it. I have played the E6, Callaway Superhot, Supersoft, e12, Wilson Duo, ZIP, Duo Spin, TM rbz, Srixon Q Star Tour,and am currently trying out the Wilson Elite 50 which is a fine ball. I’m 60 and don’t have the Swing speed to play pro balls. The MG is definitely the longest of the group but is a little too firm for me in the short game. But I do go too it off the tee when I’m competing against long ballers. Recommend the MG Senior if you don’t mind a little firmness in the short game and on the green. BTW Nothing but yellow balls in my bag. 

On 6/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, MarvChamp said:

I doubt they were intentionally non-conforming. Rather I suspect some Asian mfr. had a  bad batch of other MG balls and simply offered to sell them cheap and re-branded to MG. Also suspect having a non-conforming batch at the mfr. level may not be that unusual, and the bad batch gets recycled. But all these are unconfirmed opinions, the product of my own cynicism. Would be nice to know, though, for curiosity's sake. -Marv

They have been offering this ball for years, so I am guessing it wasn't just a bad batch. That said, if someone plays recreational golf only and does not enter tournaments does it matter if it is conforming?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1324 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!