IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

525 yard par 5. Drive left me about 215 to go. Hit a 4 iron right into a greenside bunker. Bunker was really packed down and wet, ball was sitting right up.

Took a little sand and came out perfectly, stopping about a foot from the hole for bird.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Par 3, 134 yards from the tee box

Took my PW and hit over the water hazard that took up basically everything but 10 yards of grass before the green. The elevated green mixed with the 20km winds coming from my left going right made the hole fairly difficult. Hit the fringe and rolled past the hole by one foot. Thought i had my first hole in one, but settled for a great birdie

In my Black'n'Red :

Driver: R7 TP 460cc 10.5* Reax 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Tour Impact 15*
Irons: Tour Impact 3-PWWedges: Vokey Oil Can Spin Milled 54.10, Golfco Baron 58* SWPutter: Tracy II 35"Balls: Prov 1Age:16

I think today's number 16. I got a new Callaway F5 Driver, and it's literally added 15 yards to my drives overnight. I hit a really good drive on this 500 yd. par 5, about 190 out. Hit a beautiful 5 iron to about 10 feet, and made the putt!! My first eagle in a couple months. All 3 shots were just struck perfectly.

I doubled the next hole....

Golfunit

In the Bag:

Driver: FT-5 10° Speeder 652 Stiff4-Wood: Taylor Made V-Steel Regular 14.5ºHybrids: Taylor Made Mid 19º and 22ºIrons 4-W MP-60 DG S300Wedges: MP-T 51°06 and 56°10Putter: Red-X

I was about 95 out in some trees with my ball sitting about 4 feet behind and to the right of one of them. I could make a full backswing, but my follow through would connect with the tree pretty much immediately after impact. It was a baby tree so I figured it wouldn't hurt my hands so I took a full swing with my sand wedge and stuck it to three feet and tapped in for birdie.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

I was playing the Par 5 15th at White Lake Oaks yesterday when I hit what is likely my best shot of the year. After a solid drive rolled a little too close to a tree I had to take a 3/4 swing to advance the ball. I Punched a 3 wood that left me with 98 yards, into the wind to a pin at the back of the green. My ball was sitting against the edge of the rough. I choked down on my PW and took a shorter swing. The ball never left the flag. When I got to the gree it was about 8" from the cup for a tap in birdie.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Saturday was the first round of the Northern Nevada Amateur which also serves as the qualifier for the State Match Play. While I didn't make the cut to advance to match play (played in July), I did have a memorable first round.

On the day I made seven birdies!! Four of those birdies came on the four par threes. I would say that my "shot of the day" was each of the tee shots on those holes...described below:

Hole 5 - 218 to the flag (in the back). Hit three iron...thought it went over. Ended up 5' from the hole.
Hole 7 - 148 to the flag. Hit PW to 2' below the hole.
Hole 12 - 198 to the hole...downhill. Hit 6i to the middle of the green and the slope brought it right at the hole 1' below the hole.
Hole 17 - 163 to the hole, green sloped heavily from back to front. Hit 8i a bit long, but it spun back to 3'.
underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Best shot was a 10 footer for birdie. On the same hole i nearly pitched in from about 50 yards for eagle.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Duffed a sand wedge off the tee box (159 yd Par 3 downhill), in the rough right of the fairway about 30 yards to the pin. Hit it out and on the green but blew by the hole, sunk a ~50ft putt to save par. lol

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

Best shot was a 10 footer for birdie. On the same hole i nearly pitched in from about 50 yards for eagle.

Does that mean that your 50 yard shot ran by 10 feet after lipping out? That's a hell of a lip-out. Otherwise, I'd hesitate to call it "nearly". Nice putt, though.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Its difficult to pick one shot from my most Tuesday round (a 6-under 66), but it would probably be the 180 yard tee shot I hit on the par 3 14th hole where my tee shot kicked off the flag to birdie range (which I made). I plan to play Wednesday too, but I think this shot will hold up as my shot of the week.

In my bag:

Driver: Burner TP 8.5*
Fairway metals/woods: Burner TP 13* Tour Spoon, and Burner TP 17.5*
Irons: RAC MB TP Wedges: RAC TPPutter: Spider Ball: (varies ) (Most of the time): TP Red or HX Tour/56---------------------------------------------------

It was two days ago and it may have been the best shot of my life. I was 105 yds out on pine straw and behind two trees. I had a shot at the green between the two. I pulled out my GW and hit away. Got a little gust from "up above and carried it to the pin. It hit the green, took a big bounce, hit the stick and then back off the green and spun in. Eagled from 105 in a very peculiar way. Could not believe it, and neither could anyone else in the group. By far, the shot of my life. Never seen one hit the stick, then go back on the green, then spin back in.

Prob the best shot of the week so far would be yesterday,
i was playin on a hillside course and i mean hillside it was like everest..
it was a 319 yard par 4 with a steep hill to the green, i hit a 290 yard drive (with help from a wind from behind) and a chip on and a 2' putt in the green.. a nice deserved birdie i must say..

In The Bag: Extreme Sport Golf Bag

Driver: X 460
Irons: X-18's Steel
Hybrid: Rescue Mid 3 & 43 Wood: X Hot5 Wood: Big Bertha FT-3Putter: Newport 2 by TitleistBalls: My Course: www.burntislandgolfhouseclub.co.ukAge: 15

no it just rolled about an inch by the cup to 10 feet past

Does that mean that your 50 yard shot ran by 10 feet after lipping out? That's a hell of a lip-out. Otherwise, I'd hesitate to call it "nearly". Nice putt, though.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

My 103rd of 103 holed 8 foot putts in a row on a practice mat. I missed the 104th, but kept my concentration up all the way to the end.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

2 in one round: par 5 8th- 245 out....to one foot for my first eagle
a couple of hours later....par 5 5th (i played the front 9s on the 2 courses) 245 out....to 45 feet...made the eagle putt for my second eagle/in one day

in my bag
driver: r9 with Fujikura Motore 65g stiff shaft
3w-5w: Sz with stock shafts (aldila hm) stiff
irons(3-pw): s59 stiff
wedges: 52deg. rac satin vokey spin milled 56deg. putter: xg9ball: b330rx

Par 4.. I hit a really high weak power fade off the tee like I have been all day. I was in the right rough, sitting up fine. Almost 210 out and uphill quite a bit. I smacked my 2-hybrid nice and high and it caught a tiny bit of rough just before the green and skidded on to about 10 feet. I made the putt.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

Hole 15 at my home course is a Par 5 on a steep hill left to right, gradual dog-leg left around the hill. The whole fairway is angled left to right, and any slices fall off the earth to a totally different hole down the hill.

I hit a poor drive that comes up short and right, down the hill. Pop up onto the fairway with my 4hybrid, then shank my 3rd shot right back down the hill again. I find myself sitting high in deep rough on a steep hill just off the fairway about 150 out from the green, with a skinny tree between me and the green.

I sweep the ball off the grass, well below my feet, with a 6 iron shot that misses the tree perfectly, forms a very slight fade up and over the bunker guarding the front-right of the green, hits the green and checks up to within 4 feet of the hole at the back of the green. I tap in an easy putt for par and name that 6-iron shot my best hero shot scramble ever. Never have I hit a 4th shot from so far away that ended up so close to the hole.