IGNORED

TST Member Review - Half-Cup Putting Aid

bmartin461
Note: This thread is 2604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Product Name: Half-Cup Putting Aid
Product Type: Putting Training Aid
Product Website/URL: http://halfcupputting.com/
Cost: $12.99

Ratings (out of 5):
Quality: 4
Value: 5
Effectiveness: 5
Durability: 3
Aesthetic Appeal: 4 

My Member Review

Pros:

• Color: At first I thought the yellow was not good, but it does help you focus on the opening and it is something you would notice before leaving the green, therefore less likely to leave it behind.

• Weight: It's plastic and very light, you can keep it in your bag and you would not notice it was in there, handy to have on hand when warming up.

• Design: Fit perfectly on the practice green holes, very subtle so it did not bring any attention from other golfers

Cons:

• Usability: Having to remove it to get the balls out is a small hassle, but not terrible.

• Durability: I could see this thing breaking pretty easily if it was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Packaging: Very basic packaging and instructions, I think it could benefit from having some more ways to use it listed (e.g. using it on carpet, using it for sloping putts).

• Versatility: Really a one trick pony, but if that is what you need to work on, it's perfect.

589cccf128ca3_IMG_5686(Small).JPG.f5e769cf5dab11b5b7b382d6107b4da7.JPG

Review

For me, a 5 foot putt is not automatic and one of the areas of my game where I give away strokes, especially in competition.   I knew this was a weakness of mine so I was very interested in this product for that reason.

I'll admit at first I didn't get it and I didn't see how I would benefit from it once I got it. I followed the limited instructions which entailed 15 putts from 5 feet with the aid installed and 15 from 3 feet, then removing it and doing the same number of putts. For me I did 5 at a time so I could account for how many I made at once under both situations. What I found was my aim was slightly off and unless I really focused on my mechanics I would miss. Once I started to concentrate on the setup and a slight shaft lean, I would make 3 out of 5 with it installed. I then did the same with it out and made all the putts from both distances. 

589ccce3793ab_IMG_5687(Small).JPG.8bd630ecacd7bd2e822e77f0be27c60f.JPG589ccceb9392e_IMG_5685(Small).JPG.162c881d97fbe2353fdcc568ce925d21.JPG

Conclusion:  I like that I can keep it in my bag and use it either before a round to build confidence or as part of my practice session to hone my short putting skills. I think the Half-Cup Putting Aid is good investment in shaving a few strokes lost on missed short putts.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2604 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!